Life Science (9-12)
Co-Major in Life Science (9-12) with Co-Major in Middle/Secondary Education
Note: A Co-major cannot be a stand-alone major.
Note: Life Science (9-12) is typically combined with the General Science (5-8) licensure for completion of the full scope of 5-12 science licensure.
Plus Block 3 curriculum and instruction special methods course and field experience III:
- EDUC 318 Curriculum and Instruction for Science (5-12) (4 credits)
- EDUC 344 Field Experience III: Science (0 credit)
- BIOL 101 General Biology (credit varies, see EDUC department for guidance)
- BIOL 207 Genetics, Ecology, and Evolution (4 credits)
- BIOL 208 Biological Communication and Energetics (4 credits)
- BIOL 209 Biology of Sustainability (4 credits)
- CHEM 111 General Chemistry I (4 credits)
- CHEM 112 General Chemistry II (4 credits)
- CHEM 201 Organic Chemistry I (4 credits)
- GEOL 111 Introductory Physical Geology or one of GEOL 110, 113, 114, 115 (4 credits each)
- PHYS 104 Astronomy (4 credits)
- Sixteen additional BIOL credits in courses numbered 200 or above, chosen in consultation with an advisor
To complete a major in Biology, additional courses are required. See Biology section in the catalog.