The University of St. Thomas is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (www.hlcommission.org; 312-263-0456), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
All University of St. Thomas education licensure programs within the School of Education are approved by either the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (651-539-4200) or Minnesota Board of School Administrators (651-582-8754).
The following programs have specialized accreditation that are discipline-based or associated with national professional associations:
- The baccalaureate degree programs in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer engineering in the School of Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (410-347-7700).
- The School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association (202-662-1000).
- The Bachelor of Science degree program in chemistry is approved by the American Chemical Society (800-227-5558).
- The Counseling Psychology Doctorate program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (202-336-5979).
- The Masters’ degree programs in the St. Paul Seminary School of Divinity are accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (412-788-6505).
- The University of St. Thomas is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (813-769-6500).
- The Health Care Master of Business program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management (301-298-1820).
- The baccalaureate and Master’s degree programs in the School of Social Work are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (703-683-8080).
- The University of St. Thomas is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (703-437-0700).
The University of St. Thomas is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions. Contact information for the Minnesota Office of Higher Education is:
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108-5227
Phone: (651) 642-0567
Toll Free: (800) 657-3866
Fax: (651) 642-0675