- Veteran students can:
- Have their commanding officer fill this out if the student only has military credits or
- They can present their DD FORM 214 (DD214)
- Form must have separation information (type of separation, character of service, authority and reason for separation, separation and reenlistment eligibility codes)
You can come to the Registrar's Office in Murray-Herrick Hall (MHC) and ask for Debbie Shelito, or come to the Veterans Resource Center at MHC LL17 and let us help you determine which type of education benefit is right for you. There are several varieties of GI Bill.
- Apply for you federal GI Bill education benefits online at: www.vets.gov .
- Once you complete your application, the VA will issue you a certificate of Eligibility (COE) that shows the educational benefits you are entitled to. You need to send this into the Registrar's Office.
- Webpage covering applying for benefits may be found here: https://www.stthomas.edu/registrar/student/veterans/
If you qualify, you will need to apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Eligibility: Post 9/11 GI Bill recipients who are entitled to the maximum Chapter 33 benefit rate (100%) may be eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon program at St. Thomas. Neither individuals on active duty, nor the spouse of an active duty member, are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program.
- To find information, follow this link: https://www.stthomas.edu/financialaid/undergraduate/typesofaid/military/
- You can download the application here: https://www.stthomas.edu/media/undergraduatefinancialaid/forms/2017-2018/UST_Yellow_Ribbon_App.pdf
- For more information on Financial Aid: