First Year Students
As a student living on campus, you will be called to live, learn, and work inclusively in our shared commitment to advance the Common Good. We strive to provide an inclusive and learning-centered experience for our residents. Our Residence Life team of student leaders and professional staff look forward to engaging with you in the Tommie Advantage.
Your timeline for housing as an incoming first-year student is:
- December to May 1 – Confirm your place in the first-year class and housing on campus by submitting your $400 Confirming Deposit via the application portal and tour campus
- March – Complete your Housing Preference Form and let us know if you want to be in a Living Learning Community (LLC) or a Theme-Based Learning Community (TBLC), along with which halls you prefer
- April/May – Complete your Course Preference Form
- June – Submit a roommate request. This is not necessary to complete as Residence Life will match you up with someone based on your preferences. If you do submit a roommate request, ensure that you are in the same LLC or have both selected a TBLC
- July – Attend Orientation
- End of July – receive your Housing Assignment via your St. Thomas e-mail
- End of August/Beginning of September – Prepare for Move In
If you have been accepted, we look forward to having you join us on campus! Be sure to:
- Apply to live on campus by submitting your $400 housing deposit via the Application portal
- Learn more about the First-Year Experience, especially our Living Learning Communities (LLCs)
- Explore our Residence Halls
- Understand our On-Campus Living Requirement, which has all First and Second-Year students live on campus
- Submit your housing preferences (system opens mid-March for students who have submitted their Confirming Deposit); refer to this step-by-step guide to navigate the Housing System
- Contact Dining Services if you have dietary and/or nutrition needs
If you have any questions, please contact us right away so we can help.
Residence Halls for First Year Students
Watch a highlight video featuring each of the residence halls for first year students.