Health Requirements, Compliance and Education
Health requirements, compliance, and education information at St. Thomas include:
- Health insurance requirement: All University of St. Thomas students are required to carry out health insurance coverage.
- Vaccination requirements: Minnesota requires all undergraduate students born after 1956 to be immunized against tetanus and diphtheria (TD; often administered as TDaP), and measles mumps, and rubella (MMR).
- Registration holds: Holds placed for immunization and training incompletion
- COVID-19 education: COVID-19 education
- Sexual violence prevention training: Training requirements and holds placed for the incompletion
- Alcohol and marijuana violations courses: Training requirements for alcohol and marijuana infractions
- Alcohol and other drug education: Training requirements; Tools and information students need to make decisions about their alcohol use or nonuse.
Submit Required Documents
Complete forms, upload insurance card photos.
Excuse Notes Policy
The Center for Well-Being does not provide excuse notes for routine illnesses, injuries, or mental health concerns that may lead to missed classes, labs, exams, projects, assignment deadlines, or athletic competitions/practices.
It is the responsibility of students to notify professors, supervisors, or coaches and make arrangements for missed classes, assignments, work, or practices as needed. This approach encourages students (as emerging adults and leaders) to advocate for themselves and take responsibility for their health and their actions. This practice is consistent with the recommendations of the American College Health Association and with local and national standards of care within college student health offices.
The University of St. Thomas has lifted its vaccination requirement for all students, faculty and staff. Staying up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccinations is strongly recommended.
All new undergraduate students must provide St. Thomas with two MMR vaccination dates, one TD (often administered as TDaP) vaccination date (within the last ten years).
Student Health Insurance Requirements
All University of St. Thomas students are required to carry health insurance coverage. Students who do not have health insurance through their parents may purchase policies through a Health Insurance Marketplace.