Health Requirements, Compliance and Education
Health requirements, compliance, and education information at St. Thomas include:
- Health insurance requirement: All University of St. Thomas students are required to carry out health insurance coverage.
- Vaccination requirements: Minnesota requires all undergraduate students born after 1956 to be immunized against tetanus and diphtheria (TD; often administered as TDaP), and measles mumps, and rubella (MMR). All students, faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before returning for the Spring and Fall 2022 terms.
- Registration holds: Holds placed for immunization and training incompletion
- COVID-19 education: COVID-19 education and requirements
- Sexual violence prevention training: Training requirements and holds placed for the incompletion
- Alcohol and marijuana violations courses: Training requirements for alcohol and marijuana
- Alcohol and other drug education: Tools and information students need to make decisions about their alcohol use or nonuse.
Submit Required Documents
Complete forms, upload insurance card photos and proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations.
The University of St. Thomas requires all students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. The vaccine requirement will remain in place for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Wearing a mask or face covering is optional on the St. Thomas campus. Masks are currently only required in the Center For Well-Being's clinical areas.
The following conditions may lead to reinstating the face covering requirement:
- If the number of on-campus cases is 3% or more over a two-week period
- If the CDC community transmission level for COVID increases to “high” for either Ramsey or Hennepin counties
- If city leaders require face coverings in city buildings or put other mitigation policies in place
All new undergraduate students must provide St. Thomas with two MMR vaccination dates, one TD (often administered as TDaP) vaccination date (within the last ten years) and proof of two COVID vaccine dates by the 1st day of class.
Student Health Insurance Requirements
All University of St. Thomas students are required to carry health insurance coverage. Students who do not have health insurance through their parents may purchase policies through a Health Insurance Marketplace.