Student Health Insurance
All University of St. Thomas students are required to carry health insurance coverage. Most St. Thomas students can obtain coverage through age 26 under health care policies purchased by their parents. Students who do not have health insurance may purchase policies through a Health Insurance Marketplace.
The Affordable Care Act provides tax credits and subsidies for qualified individuals to help pay for
insurance purchased in the Marketplace.
Prior to your appointment at Health Services:
All students must provide St. Thomas with photos of their health insurance card:
- Using your phone or another electronic device, take photos of the front and back of your health
- Login to myHealthPortal
- Select 'Document Upload' from the menu
- Select 'Insurance Card-Front' (or 'Insurance Card-Back') as the Document Type
- Select 'Browse' then 'Photo Library' or 'Choose from Gallery'
- Select the photo you wish to upload
- Select 'Save' and wait for the 'Upload Successful! message
- Repeat this process for the card back
Submit Your Health Insurance Info
Login to the health portal to upload photos of your health insurance card.