Division of Student Affairs
Putting our Students First
In support of the broader mission of the University of St. Thomas, the Division of Student Affairs creates holistic educational environments that prepare students to live, learn and contribute to our intercultural society.
We’re dedicated to fostering an inclusive community where all individuals are valued and engaged; where diversity of perspectives, differences, and identities are explored in a respectful and open educational setting.
We value a community that appreciates and learns from our differences. We commit to supporting the success of all community members.
Contact Student Affairs
Anderson Student Center, Room 344
Toll-free: 1-800-328-6819, x 26120
Our Departments and Offices
Student Affairs Leadership
Vice President for Student Affairs
Student Affairs Leadership Council
Student Affairs Senior Staff
Student Leadership Scholarship
The Student Leadership Scholarship Awards at the University of St. Thomas were created to identify and award scholarship aid to candidates who excel in – and are committed to – leadership, community service, and the St. Thomas mission. The awards honor several undergraduate students from all walks of campus life who demonstrate a deep commitment to the St. Thomas mission. Scholarship award recipients will be selected by the Leadership Scholarship Award Committee.
Those leaders selected will receive awards starting at $1,000 credited to their St. Thomas account.
Division of Student Affairs Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission Statement
The Division of Student Affairs is dedicated to fostering an inclusive community where all individuals are valued and engaged; where diversity of perspectives, differences, and identities are explored in a respectful and open educational setting. We value a community that appreciates and learns from our differences. We commit to supporting the success of all community members by working and advocating for the following:
- Enhance student learning and personal development by strengthening knowledge and skills related to equity, inclusion, and cultural awareness of professional staff.
- Foster greater awareness and appreciation for diverse cultures and cultivate an intercultural community based on respect, understanding, and acceptance.
- Create a climate of intentional interaction and collaboration between individuals and units within the division and across campus.
- Develop inclusive leaders for positive, equitable, and just social transformation.
To support this Mission, the Division of Student Affairs will:
- Develop a proactive division-wide strategy to enhance the cultural competence of our students and staff.
- Evaluate practices and policies to ensure an antiracist educational and living environment free from bigotry and discrimination.
- Serve as a resource to students of all identities throughout their St. Thomas experience.
- Be mindful of campus and national trends and how they impact minoritized students during critical moments.
- Engage in ongoing assessment of the educational and programmatic DEI needs of students and Student Affairs staff.
- Plan and offer regular DEI and anti-racist training and educational opportunities for students and Student Affairs staff to anticipate and address needs.
- Engage in ongoing dialogue and learning about issues of race and the intersectionality of race and identities as a Student Affairs staff.
- Collaborate with the Office of Diversity Equity and Inclusion to advance campus-wide DEI and Anti-Racist initiatives.