The Office of Financial Planning & Budgeting and Controller's Office work collaboratively to support the financial needs of the Unviersity, including accounting, budgeting and long-term financial planning. Both offices work with financial managers in campus departments to ensure proper accounting rules are being followed and to manage the annual five-year budget development process which culminates in approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Controller's Office, a division of Business Affairs, is dedicated to serving the financial needs of the university.
Our mission is threefold:
- To provide accurate and relevant information and analysis in a timely manner
- Safeguard and maximize the resources of the university
- Administer and communicate policies and procedures of the university to maintain and enhance compliance with applicable laws and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Office of Financial Planning and Budget
The Office of Financial Planning & Budgeting supports all university budgeting activities to align with University strategic priorities.
Guiding Principles of the UST Budget Model
- Is accurate, transparent, easy to understand and operate, and useful in communicating decisions
- Provides incentives for excellence, successful performance, and a culture of vitality as demonstrated by stewardship, thoughtful innovation, and entrepreneurial actions.
- Promotes fiscal trust, responsibility, and accountability at all levels of the budgeting process
- Incorporates collaborative engagement in the budgeting process and promotes initiatives across units