Registration for auditing through the Go to College program is now closed for Spring 2024. We encourage you to explore our lecture series and single session programs for opportunities to pursue lifelong learning opportunities. The next opportunity to register through this program will be in August 2024 for the Fall 2024 term.
Lifelong learners (age 40-plus) are encouraged to continue their education by taking regular undergraduate classes along with younger students. Participants are able to enroll as auditors in a variety of courses, on a space-available basis.
Information from the Spring 2024 registration period will be found below for reference.
- A list of eligible courses will be printed and available for viewing on registration day. A digital list of available courses (one for languages and one for non-languages) will be available on January 12 and may be requested from the Selim Center by email: email@example.com
- You may preview this information online at this link. Be sure to select Spring 2024 from the semester drop-down box. Please note that there are limits to auditors in many departments and not all courses shown in the online system are auditable through this program.
- Questions about specific course availability must be directed to the Selim Center. Please email the Center with questions prior to registration day; do NOT contact instructors or departments regarding course availability.
- We are not able to place auditors in graduate level classes.
- Students through this program may participate in class discussions, without writing papers or taking exams. No college credit is earned, and courses taken do not count toward completion of degree or certificate programs.
- You can preview the required textbooks for courses on the book store website
- Students participating in this program must adhere to the policies of the University regarding code of conduct and use of University resources.
Selim Center for Lifelong Learning
Mail #OEC 109 2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
- The registration fee is $400.00 with a limit of one course per student; payable by check or cash, only. This program is also eligible for the Center's sliding scale fee schedule. Base price is $400.00; Tier 1 price is $365.00; Tier 2 price is $325.00. Please see the payment policies/information tab for more information about the Center's sliding scale model.
- Auditors through this program take their courses free of tuition charge, but pay the registration fee, plus pay for books, photocopying or other fees. Students also pay for on-campus parking. A discounted parking permit is available for purchase through the Center for Selim Center auditing students.
Auditors through this program must have reliable computer and smart phone capability since the class system (Canvas) and university e-mail system require these tools to access the systems, plus to move to distance learning should the need arise.
How to Register
- This program requires in-person registration. Registration is available only by appointment on Wednesday, January 17, 2024. Email the Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an appointment. Registration for this program closes on Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Payment is required at the time of registration. The Go to College program can only accept check or cash payment of the registration fee.
- You must attend the first day of class to participate in this program. The spring semester term begins on February 5, 2024 and ends on May 17, 2024. You may only attend the course for which you registered through the Center.