Peer Ministry: Creating Meaningful Encounters
The Gospel Message invites us to encounter Christ and encounter others with a compassionate and welcoming heart. Pope Francis has renewed this call to all Christians, reminding us of the importance of getting out of ourselves and foster a culture of encounter.
Having themselves experienced the gift of encountering Christ, Peer Ministers are committed to helping other students to deepen their relationship with God and to live out the Gospel call to love and serve our neighbors, by creating meaningful encounters.
Through their call to encounter others, peer ministers:
• Offer welcome, guidance, compassion, and faith-filled support for their peers
• Provide a safe place for the soul to question, ponder, explore, grow, and develop
• Invite students to opportunities for spiritual development and faith awareness through prayer, faith sharing, and religious and spiritual programs and activities
• Help to build an inclusive and hospitable community
• Are available for listening and referral opportunities
• Empower and engage students to be leaders
Click on the links at the right to meet this year's peer ministry team and to learn about how to become a peer minister.
Mark Your Calendars for our Signature Events:
Pancakes with Jesus
Join the Peer Ministers every month for free pancakes, fellowship, and fun.
Date: Every month!
Community Events in the Res. Halls
Get to know the Peer Ministers as they host community-building events in each of the residence halls.
Date: September and February
All Saints Day
Celebrate All Saints Day with the Peer Ministers. Grab a treat and share about your favorite saints.
Date: November 1
Time: 11:30am - 1:30pm
Where: ASC Monahan Plaza
Peer Ministry Prom
Dance the night away with the Peer Ministry Team and give back to the Twin Cities community by donating prom apparel to Project Fairy Godmothers.
Date: Spring 2022