The University of St. Thomas offers merit-based scholarship awards equal to up to 70% of tuition for qualified international undergraduate students. To ensure priority consideration for awards, we encourage you to submit your application for admission early. An essay and letters of recommendation are optional but highly recommended.
International students may seek on-campus employment through the Human Resources Department. Any questions regarding your eligibility to work while on an F-1 or J-1 visa should be directed to Office of International Students & Scholars.
St. Thomas is pleased to be able to offer a limited number of scholarships to international undergraduate students. Maximum international student scholarships award can equal up to 70% of the tuition cost.
Eligibility: Applicants who plan to apply for scholarships must submit official proof of financial support and must submit the financial certification form prior to consideration for a scholarship. You may submit your scholarship application materials by mail, by fax, or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Apply for admission to St. Thomas.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or school administrator to the Office of International Recruiting and Admissions
- Submit a one-page written essay of why a scholarship should be awarded to you to the Office of International Recruiting and Admissions. Please include:
- Reasons why you wish to attend the University of St. Thomas.
- Any leadership activities, service organizations, or clubs in which you have participated (list and explain).
- What you plan to do in the future to help other and/or future generations.
- Other evidence that supports why you should be awarded a scholarship to attend the University of St. Thomas.
Deadline: To be considered for a scholarship, you must complete an application for admission and submit all requirements for a scholarship application by the following dates:
- Fall (August) semester deadline: January 15
- Spring (January) semester deadline: September 15
You may complete a scholarship application after the deadlines listed above. However, applications received on or before the deadline are given priority consideration.
St. Thomas Contact: International Admissions and Aid, (651) 962-6150, email@example.com