Directions, Parking and Weather
Commencement 2024 ceremonies will take place indoors in the Anderson Athletic and Recreation Center Fieldhouse on our St. Paul campus (except for the School of Law).
Dates and times for the 2024 commencement ceremonies:
- School of Law Commencement – Saturday, May 11, 2024; one ceremony at Minneapolis Convention Center.
- Undergraduate Baccalaureate Commencement – Saturday, May 25, 2024; three ceremonies at 9 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Dougherty Family College Commencement – Sunday, May 26, 2024; one ceremony at 3:00 p.m.
- Graduate School Commencement – Sunday, May 26, 2026; two ceremonies at 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
See the web page for your graduate's ceremony for further details.
Metro Transit bus
The St. Paul campus is served by three Metro Transit bus lines, 21, 63, and 87. Both the 63 and 87 lines connect to the light rail Green Line. For further information on using Metro Transit or its schedule to commencement, check out the Trip Planner on the Metro Transit website.
If arriving by car, try to carpool with your guests because of limited parking. Plan ahead by checking weekend road construction that may impact travel time and routes to the University of St. Thomas. Please reference the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MNDoT) website for construction projects across the Twin Cities Metro area.
Three ways to get directions to campus:
- Via the St. Thomas interactive map
- Via a PDF showing driving directions to the St. Paul campus
- Via Google Maps
Free parking will be available at these locations:
- Anderson Parking Facility -- the entrance is located off Cretin Avenue S. and Grand Avenue. There is a 7-foot height restriction for entering this parking ramp.
- Morrison Parking Ramp -- the entrance is located off Selby Avenue and Finn Street N. at the north end of campus. There is a 6'10" height restriction for entering this ramp.
- All surface parking Lots with red or yellow signs.
Note: Please use on-campus parking and do not park in the surrounding neighborhood. There is restricted parking surrounding campus including city parking permit zones or limited timed parking. Out of respect for our neighbors, and to avoid a citation by the St. Paul Police Department, please park on campus.
Guests needing access to accessible parking will be directed to the Anderson Student Center Underground Garage. Accessible parking will be available on a first-come first-serve basis.
Guests may be dropped off in the Anderson Student Center turnaround on Cretin Avenue, along the west side of the building. However, for safety reasons, drop-off or pick-up along Summit Avenue or Cretin Avenue North will not be permitted.
All programs offered by the University of St. Thomas shall be readily accessible to individuals with disabilities. For details, read about accessibility as it relates to commencement, or call (651) 962-6315.