Study Abroad Photo Contest
St. Thomas student photographers that have participated in a St. Thomas study, work or volunteer program overseas. Students who enter must be currently enrolled at St. Thomas.
You may submit up to three original photographs for each of the following categories
Global Classroom (GC): Photos that capture active learning happening in a non-traditional classroom setting (Focus: Active learning in a global context)
Intercultural Engagement (IE): Photos that capture authentic interaction and active engagement with your host culture (Focus: Cross-cultural exchange and interactions)
Sense of Place (SP): Photos that capture the landscape and culture of the country in which you were a guest (Focus: Scenery, culture)
Tommies Abroad (TA): Photos that capture St. Thomas students that reflect the overall study abroad experience and/or UST pride (Focus: UST students)
- Vertocal Video (VV): New for the 2023 Photo Contest! Videos (think Reels or TikTok) highlighting a moment or your overall study abroad experience (Focus: study abroad highlight video)
Check back early Fall 2023 for submission details!
If selected, your photo may receive a cash prize! It may also be reproduced in a university publication or shared on a university social media platform for advertising, design, or editorial use.
- Along with your photos, please submit ONE Study Abroad Photo Contest Entry Form.
- Limit of 3 photo submissions per category
- Your photos must be submitted in the highest resolution possible in .jpeg or .jpg format. Printed photos will not be accepted.
- Rename the Photo Contest Entry Form when saving file as follows: Last Name First Name
- Name each photo file as follows: Last Name First Name Category Abbreviation Photo Number (Ex: Smith Jane TA 1
- Email photos and completed entry form to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Photo Contest