St. Thomas student photographers that have participated in a St. Thomas study, work or volunteer program overseas.
You may submit up to three original photographs for each of the following categories
Global Classroom (GC): Photos that capture active learning happening in a non-traditional classroom setting (Focus: Active learning in a global context)
Intercultural Engagement (IE): Photos that capture authentic interaction and active engagement with your host culture (Focus: Cross-cultural exchange and interactions)
Sense of Place (SP): Photos that capture the landscape and culture of the country in which you were a guest (Focus: Scenery, culture)
Sustainable Tommies (ST): Photos that capture engagement in active learning, recreational activities, or behaviors related to sustainability and environmental protection (Focus: Sustainability)
Tommies Abroad (TA): Photos that capture St. Thomas students that reflect the overall study abroad experience and/or UST pride (Focus: UST students)
All submissions are due before midnight on November 6, 2020.
If selected, your work will be rewarded with $100 for first prize, $50 for second prize, and $25 for third prize. It may also be reproduced in a university publication or shared on a university social media platform for advertising, design, or editorial use.
- Along with your photos, please submit ONE Study Abroad Photo Contest Entry Form.
- Limit of 3 photo submissions per category
- Your photos must be submitted in the highest resolution possible in .jpeg or .jpg format. Printed photos will not be accepted.
- Rename the Photo Contest Entry Form when saving file as follows: Last Name First Name
- Name each photo file as follows: Last Name First Name Category Abbreviation Photo Number (Ex: Smith Jane TA 1
- Email photos and completed entry form to: email@example.com with the subject line: Photo Contest