Fall Semester 2021 Registration Information
Registration for the Go to College Program is concluded for Fall term 2021. Please visit this page again in mid-December for information on the opportunity to audit during Spring Term 2022.
Lifelong learners (age 40-plus) are encouraged to continue their education by taking regular undergraduate classes along with younger students. Participants are able to enroll as auditors in a variety of courses, on a space-available basis.
Please note: The University of St. Thomas will not collect vaccine status for Selim Center or other non-degree seeking students. The Selim Center expects that any student registering for any Selim Center program will be fully vaccinated. Individuals who are not vaccinated for whatever reason will be expected to voluntarily follow current guidelines related to masking and distancing.
- A list of eligible courses will be printed and available for viewing on registration days. A list of available courses (one for languages and one for non-languages) will be available 5 business days prior to registration and may be requested from the Selim Center by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may preview this information online at this link. Be sure to select Fall 2021 from the semester drop-down box. Please note that there are limits to auditors in many departments and not all courses shown in the online system are auditable through this program.
- Questions about specific course availability must be directed to the Selim Center. Please email the Center with questions prior to registration days; do NOT contact instructors or departments regarding course availability.
- We are not able to place auditors in graduate level classes.
- Students through this program may participate in class discussions, without writing papers or taking exams. No college credit is earned, and courses taken do not count toward completion of degree or certificate programs.
- You can preview the required textbooks for courses on the book store website: http://tommiebooks.stthomas.edu/tommiebooks1/selecttermdept
- Students participating in this program must adhere to the policies of the University regarding code of conduct and use of University resources. This document can be reviewed by clicking on this link: https://www.stthomas.edu/media/officeofgeneralcounsel/policies/601-Student-Conduct-Code.pdf
- Registration fee: $250.00 with a limit of one course per student
- Auditors through this program take their courses free of tuition charge, but pay the registration fee, plus pay for books, photocopying or other fees. Students also pay for on-campus parking.
Auditors through this program must have reliable computer and smart phone capability since the class system (Canvas) and university e-mail system require these tools to access the systems, plus to move to distance learning should the need arise.
- This program requires in-person registration. Registration is available only by appointment. Appointments are available on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 and Wednesday, August 25, 2021. Email the Center to register, indicating your preferred date and either morning or afternoon. You will be placed in the first available time slot on your preferred date and time period and will receive registration location information with your appointment confirmation.
- Payment is required at the time of registration. This program can only accept check or cash payment of the registration fee.
- You must attend the first day of class to participate in this program. The fall semester term begins on September 8, 2021 and ends on December 15, 2021. You may only attend the course for which you registered through the Center.
Questions? Please contact the Selim Center. Email: email@example.com or phone: 651-962-5188.