The University of St. Thomas Information Security Department defines and implements University-wide policies, procedures, standards, and functions spanning across, IT Governance, Network Security, Application Security, Compliance, and Identity & Access Management.
- Monitors the campus network and systems for signs of compromised systems, and investigates security violations
- Manages and enforces information security policies, standards, and guidelines
- Manages the security awareness program
- Partners with operational units in ITS to manage login services, user account provisioning, user entitlement and privileges
- Acts as a liaison with University leadership, General Counsel, St. Thomas Public Safety, and law enforcement
- Serves as the policy and compliance leads for ITS
ITS Information Security is happy to announce that we are now offering LastPass, a password manager, to the St. Thomas community. We know many of you have multiple accounts to login to for both your work and personal lives. The LastPass app provides a way to streamline that process and help manage all of your passwords in an encrypted space.
What is LastPass?
LastPass is a password manager that remembers all of your passwords and makes it easy to log in to any website or app. LastPass secures your data and syncs to any computer or mobile device with your LastPass account installed as an app or web browser extension. You only need to remember your St. Thomas account password and your LastPass master password, and LastPass takes care of remembering all of your usernames and passwords for you - it can even be setup to auto-fill your username and password into websites to save you time logging in.
Note: LastPass does not replace your St. Thomas password - it is an application that securely stores information about your St. Thomas account to make it easier and faster to login St. Thomas websites and systems.
In addition to storing your passwords, you'll be able to use LastPass for:
- Team Password Sharing: Share one or more passwords securely between coworkers.
- Access Anywhere: Whether on a desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet, your account is backed up and synced everywhere you need to work.
- Linked Personal Accounts: Manage personal and work passwords by simply linking them together. And don't worry...personal passwords (saved in your personal LastPass account) are private and remain accessible only to you. Make sure to only save work passwords in your St. Thomas LastPass account, that way we can provide you with better support like password resets.
Visit Information Security on OneStThomas for Instructions & FAQs