The Parking & Transportation Services office handles all parking questions, issues parking permits, takes requests for special event parking, sells Metro Transit bus passes, and processes University of St. Thomas parking tickets and appeals.
Fall 2019 Resident Student Lottery
The fall 2019-20 resident parking permit lottery is closed and we are full. There will not be a second round of the lottery unless there are unclaimed permits by the end of the first week of classes. Permits awarded through the lottery will be available for purchase Monday, August 19. You must register through Murphy Online before picking up your permit. Instructions for registering are located on our website.
Notice Regarding Changes to Parking for the 2019/20 Academic Year
The University of St. Thomas is embarking on multiple construction projects in spring 2019. We are thrilled to be launching these building projects which will enhance our campus and provide support to our students. Two new residence halls and the Iverson Center for Faith are scheduled to be complete in fall 2020.
Our normal parking capacity constraints will be made worse by some parking lots coming offline and construction workers being on campus.
We encourage all members of the university community to consider alternative transportation options rather than driving to campus. Use of alternative transportation supports the University’s commitment to a sustainable campus, and helps alleviate parking congestion on and around campus. Alternatives available at St. Thomas include:
- HourCar rental Learn more >
- Walking/biking to campus, with additional bike racks coming in summer 2019
- Metro Transit, with discounted passes available Learn more >
As a result of construction projects, and in support of the University’s commitment to sustainability, there will be changes coming to campus parking.
There will be no changes to the following parking facilities during the construction period: C, I, K, L, M, N, O, R1, P, S1, U, V, X, and Y.
The following operational changes will be effective on September 1, 2019 or as noted:
- Lots D, G and Q will not be available May 26, 2019 through the construction period.
- Lot A will be unavailable during summer 2019, but half of the lot will reopen for use beginning in fall semester 2019.
- Lot B will convert to admissions, handicap permit parking and handicap visitor parking, with no faculty/staff permit parking.
- The lot between the development building and the current Child Development Center will be shared between the Wellness Center and University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) for visitors of those departments.
- Morrison Ramp will offer resident permit parking on R3 and faculty/staff permit and hourly parking on R2. There will be no more contract parking in R2.
- The Anderson Parking Facility will no longer offer resident student parking. The APF will continue to be available for faculty/staff permit, commuter and hourly parking.
- Overnight campus parking will not be available for off-campus students.
- A limited number of resident student parking permits will be available. As always, student permits will be allocated using a lottery system. Resident student permits will be valid in Morrison Ramp R3, Lot S1 and Lot U.
- St. Thomas permits will be required for faculty, staff and students using handicap parking, in addition to state-issued handicap parking permits. Visitor handicap parking will be available in pay-by-the hour visitor parking areas. Free visitor handicap parking will be in Lot B with a two-hour time limit.
- Parking policies will be strictly enforced to preserve order and provide access to parking for those who pay for permits and contracts. Read parking policies >
See parking locations on the campus map.
Prices for parking permits, contracts and hourly parking are being adjusted for the upcoming academic year, effective September 1, 2019.
- Resident student parking fees
- Commuter student parking fees
- Faculty/staff parking fees
- Visitor/hourly parking
For questions regarding campus parking, please contact Parking & Transportation Services at 651-962-PARK or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permits will not be required to park in the red and yellow lots, or in the residential parking areas. beginning on May 28. Restricted parking will still be in effect (Admissions spaces, Lot Q, Lots P, X & Y, Davanni's) and other regulatory parking, fire lanes, 15 minute parking, disability parking, etc., and will still be enforced.
Overnight parking is only permitted in Morrison R2 & R3, Anderson Parking Facility (lower level preferred), and Lot U. There is no parking from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. in all other parking locations. Oversized vehicled that will not fit in a parking structures are to park in Lot U.
The following lots will be closed for construction projects and all vehicles must be moved as indicated:
- Lot A will close on Saturday May 25 at 11 p.m. for the summer. The west section will re-open at the start of the fall 2019 semester.
- Lot B will close on Saturday May 25 at 11 p.m. and will re-open at 7 a.m. on Thursday May 30, 2019 as a restricted parking lot.
- Lot D will close on Friday May 24, at 5 p.m. and will cease to exist.
- Lot G will close on Friday May 24, 2019 at 5 p.m. for the duration of the construction.
- No parking in S-1. All vehicles must be removed by Friday May 24, 2019 at 5 p.m.
General hourly parking will be available in Anderson Student Center (ASC) Parking Garage and McNeely (MCH) Parking Garge after 4 p.m. Monday-Friday, Saturday after 7 a.m. and ASC Garage on Sunday at 9 a.m. The ASC Parking Garage closes one hour before building closing. MCH closes at 10 p.m. on weekdays and 5 p.m. on Saturdays. Please swipe your credit card in and out to pay for hourly parking.
Summer shuttle schedule starts May 28
The St Thomas shuttle will run on the Summer and Jterm Schedule schedule starting Tues., May 28. There will be no shuttle service on Memorial Day, May 27, and no Saturday shuttle service through the summer. The regular shuttle schedule will resume Aug. 19, with Saturday service resuming Sept. 7.