Crisis & Emergencies
If you or a friend are in a crisis situation and experiencing any of the following:
- unable to stop crying
- thoughts of hurting yourself or others
- have not eaten in a few days (not due to illness)
- have not slept in a few days (not due to illness)
- unable to go to classes (not due to illness)
...please call Counseling and Psychological Services at (651) 962-6780 to set up an immediate appointment. Counselors are available for emergencies on a walk in basis from 8-11:30am and 1-4pm Monday-Friday. After hours, if you live in a Residence Hall, please contact your RA or Hall Director, who can get the help you need.
If you are in crisis, whether or not you live in the Residence Halls, you can call Ramsey County's 24 hour Crisis Line at 651-266-7900 or go to Adult Mental Health, 402 University Avenue East, St. Paul, MN 55130.
Fast access to psychiatric care:
- Phone support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at Ramsey County Crisis Line @ 651-266-7900
- Mobile crisis teams to meet you at a location of your choice
- Crisis assessment and stabilization
- Support from specially trained peers who have experienced and successfully recovered from mental health crises
- Education and support for families and caregivers of adults experiencing mental health crises