Clubs and organizations are an integral part of student life at St. Thomas. They exist to provide you with an opportunity to continue your education outside of the classroom. Choosing to be involved is a great way to enhance social, interpersonal, problem solving and many other important skills. With approximately 130+ clubs and organizations you are bound to find some groups which meet your interest.
Tommie Link is the club management software for St. Thomas. Watch this video explanation for a brief overview of Tommie Link.
Visit stthomas.edu/tommielink or click the image below to explore the directory of current clubs, events and related news.
An organization is a formal group of people with one or more shared goals. For recognition purposes, a club/organization must be comprised of at least ten University of St. Thomas students, have a stated purpose, constitution, and comply with university policies and procedures including those outlined in the , USG Constitution and the Undergraduate Student Policies.
Check out the quick links section below for helpful information:
Looking for Dates and Conflicts:
Brittney Quant: firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 962-6670
- 25Live: room reservations
- Create event diagram (Social Tables): Contact Campus Life
- Rain Site & Inclement Weather Procedure
- RFS - Request for Services (additional setup needs)
Facilities Contact: Nichole Boehmke - email@example.com or (651) 962-6388
ITS Event Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sound, Audio, Video, Recording, Room Technology
Campus Catering: email@example.com
Becky Chinn: firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 962-6065
- NetCatering: to order food for your event
- 24 hours to create account
- Must place orders 96 hour in advance
- Use Club Index at Summit Market Place
- ASC Digital Boards
- Chalking: Stop by Campus Life
- Posters in Residence Halls: Contact Bryan Helminiak
- Atrium Banners: banner dimensions 6’2” x 3’ (Make in create[space])
- Scoop (Service Center)
- Tommie Link
- News Article
Parking / Transportation
Diana Kaardal: email@example.com or (651) 962-7279
- Carter Buses/vehicle rentals
- Purchase Parking vouchers
- Request to parking under ASC
Entertainer, Speaker, or Vendor Contracts
Must contact Campus Life if you intend to bring a speaker/entertainer to an event or meeting
- Needed for any dollar amount
- If you are paying them, they will need a W9 submitted
- Campus Life needs a minimum of at least a 2 week notice to draft a contract
- Purchasing License
- Is the movie in line with the club event approval policy?
- Check if you need to have a license for your event
- Contact Cindy Badilla-Melendez: firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 962-5464
Purchasing & Bidding
Jeanine Riley: email@example.com or (651) 962-6385
- All clubs must use the Preferred Vendor List when making purchases
- Bidding is required for purchases over $5,000
Ticketing / Check-in
- University Tickets:
- Kevin Manson - firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 962-7137
- Tommie Link Check-In App: https://www.stthomas.edu/media/campuslife/Check-inApp.pdf
Risk Management / Public Safety
Zach Dubois: email@example.com or (651) 962-5105
Large event logistics, special permits, parking/loading dock, requesting PS/SPPD for events
- Student Reimbursement
- Deposit Form (into club accounts)
- Request a Balance Report (current club account balance & year-to-date financial activity)
- Undergraduate Student Government (USG) funding
- Internal Fundraising (raising money for your own club)
- External Fundraising (raising money for an non-UST entity)
- Crowdfunding (Contact John Bannigan)
- Budget Management
- Purchasing Policy (for all club & org purchases, reimbursements and invoices)
- Journal Vouchers how-to (transfer funds between University accounts)
Travel and Transportation Policy
- All student clubs must register their off-campus events and activities (including overnight trips) sponsored by the club with the Department of Campus Life by filling out the on-line registration form found below.
- All club members participating in off-campus travel must also fill out a liability waiver and submit to Campus Life prior to leaving campus (standalone form available below, all members listed in the on-line registration form will be emailed a link to the form with instructions to drop off liability waivers to Campus Life in ASC 325). Campus Life staff will help club leaders in determining which forms must be completed and how to make arrangements using university-preferred vendors.
- All attendees at club-sponsored events off-campus must abide by all University of St. Thomas policies and guidelines throughout the duration of the event as if they were on-campus, including but not limited to the Corrective Action Policy for Staff Employees and the Policy on Alcohol and Drugs.
- Use of alcohol is prohibited at any club events on or off-campus.
Travel services are provided to UST clubs and organizations via preferred vendors. To access this vendor information, see Purchasing then click on “Find a Vendor.” You will need to log in with your UST username and password. Please also refer to the Policy for Off-Campus Travel for further information.