Academic Counseling Services are available to support undergraduate students and faculty members (via Zoom, in person, by phone, or through email). 

We are available during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) Monday through Friday. 

To schedule an appointment with an Academic Counseling staff member, please call 651-962-6300 or send an email to We will be attentive to respond to these messages and a staff member will follow up with you as soon as possible. 

10 Tips to Thrive While Learning Online


On August 1 and 2, Drop In Hours open early at 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Academic counselors offer Drop In meetings daily for quick, 5-10 minute conversations.

Click below for Hours and more information.



Clock on MHC horizontal


Our Office:
Academic Counseling is located in Room 110 Murray-Herrick Campus Center. Current students can call ahead to schedule individual appointments or stop by for a drop-in appointment. However, to ensure a counselor is available, students are encouraged to make an appointment. To schedule an appointment call 651.962.6300.

Our Services:
A few of the services we provide students are:

  • Registration assistance
  • Major/minor field selection
  • Interpreting degree evaluations (progress toward degree completion)
  • Four-year plans
  • Negotiating student/professor conflicts
  • Committee on Studies and Financial Aid appeals
  • Academic support for students on probation and students provisionally admitted
  • Transfer student information
  • Referrals to support services
  • Notifying instructors of extended illnesses or emergencies

A few of the services we provide faculty are:

  • Faculty Advising Program
  • First year student advising
  • Contact underperforming and missing students
  • Student/professor conflicts
  • General advising tips and clarification of requirements, policies, etc.
  • Interpretation of degree audits

The office of Undergraduate Studies is pleased to offer two new awards that recognize outstanding academic advising. One award will be given to a faculty member who advises first-year undergraduate students; the second is for a faculty member who serves as a major advisor.

If you know someone who has impacted your life in a positive way, click on the link and learn how you can start the nomination process.