The office of Undergraduate Studies is pleased to offer two new awards that recognize outstanding academic advising. One award will be given to a faculty member who advises first-year undergraduate students; the second is for a faculty member who serves as a major advisor.
If you know someone who has impacted your life in a positive way, click on the link and learn how you can start the nomination process. Outstanding Advising Award
A few of the services we provide students are:
- Registration assistance
- Major/minor field selection
- Interpreting degree evaluations (progress toward degree completion)
- Four-year plans
- Negotiating student/professor conflicts
- Committee on Studies and Financial Aid appeals
- Academic support for students on probation and students provisionally admitted
- Transfer student information
- Referrals to support services
- Notifying instructors of extended illnesses or emergencies
A few of the services we provide faculty are:
- Faculty Advising Program
- First year student advising
- Contact underperforming and missing students
- Student/professor conflicts
- General advising tips and clarification of requirements, policies, etc.
- Interpretation of degree audits
Academic Counseling is located in Room 110 Murray-Herrick Campus Center. Current students can call ahead to schedule individual appointments or stop by for a drop-in appointment. However, to ensure a counselor is available, students are encouraged to make an appointment. To schedule an appointment call 651.962.6300.