2014 International Conference on Romanticism
The 2014 meeting of the International Conference on Romanticism will be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the heart of downtown on the banks of the Mississippi river September 25th-28th. In keeping with the spirit of the ICR, the conference organizers wish to focus on the cross-disciplinary and international aspects of Romanticism. The theme will be “Romantic Reflections: Twins, Echoes, and Appropriations,” which should be interpreted in its broadest context.
The International Conference on Romanticism was founded in 1991. The fundamental aim of ICR from its inception has been to pursue the study of Romanticism without favoring particular linguistic, national or political traditions, or academic disciplines, either explicitly or implicitly. For more information, please visit the ICR website.
Conference attendees and participants must be current members of ICR. Please visit http://icr.byu.edu/membership to become a member or to renew your membership.
This year's plenary speakers are:
- Göran Blix, Associate Professor of French and Italian at Princeton University
- Andrew Elfenbein, Professor of English at the University of Minnesota
- Theresa M. Kelley, Marjorie and Lorin Tiefenthaler Professor of English at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Peter Otto, Professor of English & Theatre Studies at the University of Melbourne
- Judith Pascoe, M. F. Carpenter Professor of English at the University of Iowa
For inquiries please contact the conference organizers: