Effective July 1, 2013 - Free transcript processing on all requests.
St. Thomas official transcripts are printed on security paper and bear the university seal. These transcripts may be mailed directly from the Office of Student Data & Registrar's, or picked up by the student. When official transcripts are provided directly to the student, they are sealed in a university envelope and the transcript is stamped "Issued directly to the student" in a sealed university envelope.
At this moment, the University of St. Thomas can only provide official, paper transcripts. Electronic transcripts are not available at this time.
- Current and former students who know their username and password can request transcripts through Murphy Online.
- If you do not know this information, please contact the ITS Tech Desk for assistance
- You may also fill out our Transcript Request Form and return it to Student Data & Registrar.
- These transcript requests must include the hand-written signature of the student or the request will be returned for completion.
- If you need an unofficial transcript, you can access it in Murphy Online > Student Services > Student Records > Academic Transcript.
Transcripts from the University of St. Thomas may be requested or released. Transcripts and documents that have been issued by other institutions become the property of the University of St. Thomas. Federal policy permits a student the right to view the documents in his or her academic records. However, the University does not provide (or allow the making of) copies of these documents. Transcripts issued to the University of St. Thomas for admission or credit transfer become the property of the University of St. Thomas and cannot be returned to the student or forwarded to other institutions.
Please note: The Office of Student Data & Registrar does not hold transcript requests for future activity (such as the posting of grades or awarding of degrees). Please submit your transcript request after your grades are posted or degree has been awarded.
To sign the form electronically, please download and complete in Adobe.
We are able to generate an official letter from the Univeristy confirming your education at St Thomas.
The form to complete is called the Enrollment Verification form. To sign the form electronically, please download and complete in Adobe.
Some common requests are, but not limited to -
- Dates of attendance
- Confirmation of degree
- Withdrawal date
- Course Listings/Descrptions
You may enter whatever you'd like on the letter through the form and specifed in "Other" if it is not mentioned.
Due to FERPA, we cannot release certain information without consent.
Please note: Diplomas are mailed in an oversized envelope with cardboard and they typically do not fit into the standard-size mailbox.
- There is a $20.00 fee for each replacement diploma requested. We accept cash or check (no credit cards).
- Please make checks payable to the University of St. Thomas.
- Diplomas are ordered every two weeks.
- Diploma requests take 1-3 weeks to process.
- You may pick up your diploma at our office, or we will mail it per your instructions.
You may email, mail, fax or walk up with a signed letter requesting that your address be changed. Please include:
- Your previous address and new address information, along with any changes to your telephone number(s)
- Previous/prior name(s)
- Date of birth
- UST ID number and/or last 4 digits of Social Security Number (SSN)
- Student's signature
One of the following forms of legal documents is needed before a change to legal name will be completed:
- Social Security Card: The card must have the correct/current name (a copy of both the back and front of the card are required). The number on the card will need to match the number that we have on the system in order for this form of documentation to be accepted.
- Marriage License: A copy with both the old/previous and new/changed name included in the documentation.
- Divorce Papers: A copy with both the old/previous and new/changed name included in the documentation.
- Court Ordered Documentation: A copy with both the old/previous and new/changed name included in the documentation.
- Driver’s License that reflects name change; must be valid (non-expired); and Social Security Card with current name.
The Office of Student Data & Registrar accepts name changes in the following ways:
- You may send, email, fax or deliver a signed letter and the required documents.
- You may submit a Transcript Request Form that is accompanied by the required documentation.
- Name changes must have the student's:
- Old name,
- New name,
- Required documents, and
- Student's signature
- Date of birth and UST ID number and/or last 4 digits of Social Security Number (SSN) should also be included
NOTE: We do not change names when we receive a form or letter that indicates a name has changed without first having the required documents, as outlined above.
To request a change to your preferred first name:
Students can submit an email, from their St. Thomas email account, walk up, fax or mail a request that their preferred first name be updated. Please provide us your St Thomas ID and the changes you'd like made.
Your preferred first name is distinct from your legal name and will be used for internal University of St. Thomas communications including: class rosters, residence life information, etc.
Please note: requesting a change to your preferred first name does not change your legal name at the University. Your legal name will still appear on official documentssuch as Official Transcript, Diploma, Official St. Thomas letters, etc. To change your legal name please follow the instructions outlined above.
View more information about readmission.
If you have been previously enrolled at the University of St. Thomas and have taken one or more terms off, you should do the following:
- Call Academic Counseling to set-up an appointment to discuss remianing coursework, academic requirements and to complete the forms listed below.
- If the student has attended any other institution(s) during the period of time they were absent from St. Thomas, transcript(s) from each of the other institutions must be submitted for evaluation, as well as the Dean of Students form from the last institution attended, prior to formal re-admittance and registration.
- Students will be directed to the Student Data & Registrar's Office with the updated forms, signed by an Academic Counselor and will update the information and then register the student if necessary.
NOTE: Effective for the 2019-2020 academic year (beginning with fall 2019), all readmitted students will be charged banded tuition rates. More information regarding tuition and fees for current and upcoming academic year are available on the Business Office website.