Former Students & Alumni

New Graduates: Transcripts will reflect your degree award date approximately three weeks after the end of the term.

St. Thomas official transcripts can be ordered through the Parchment St. Thomas Online Storefront. If you experience any issues using the Parchment website (i.e. login issues), please visit Parchment Support to report your issue or chat with an agent.

Students may order an electronic or paper transcript online. Paper transcripts are available for in-office pickup or can be mailed to the student or a third party.

  • Online orders (paper or electronic) will incur a third-party processing fee of $3.25 per transcript, which is paid directly to Parchment (the e‑transcript vendor)
    • Students can select electronic or paper transcripts ordered online.
    • Students are responsible for any mailing charges for paper transcripts ordered online.
    • E-transcript orders incur the processing fee but no mailing charges.

  • Paper transcript request through the Office of Student Data and Registrar. This service is provided free of charge, but may take up to two business days to process.
    • Fill out the Transcript Request Form.
    • If you select Pick Up option, you must make a pick up appointment. Pick up location is the Center for Student Achievement (CSA) information desk located in the Murray-Herrick Campus Center (first floor) on our St. Paul campus.
    • St. Thomas will pay any standard postage costs to mail a paper transcripts ordered using the Transcript Request Form.
    • If expedited shipping is desired, a student can order a transcript to pick up in-person and take it to the campus post office to mail their transcript.

Official paper transcripts are printed on security paper and bear the university seal. When official transcripts are provided directly to the student, they are sealed in a university envelope and the transcript is stamped "Issued directly to the student".

Transcripts from the University of St. Thomas may be requested or released.  Transcripts and documents that have been issued by other institutions become the property of the University of St. Thomas.  Federal policy permits a student the right to view the documents in his or her academic records. However, the University does not provide (or allow the making of) copies of these documents. Transcripts issued to the University of St. Thomas for admission or credit transfer become the property of the University of St. Thomas and cannot be returned to the student or forwarded to other institutions.

NOTE : The Office of Student Data & Registrar does not hold transcript requests for future activity (such as the posting of grades or awarding of degrees). Please submit your transcript request after your grades are posted or degree has been awarded. 

We are able to generate an official letter from the Univeristy confirming your education at St Thomas.

Information on Enrollment Verification can be found here.

Common requests include, but are not limited to:

  • Dates of attendance
  • Confirmation of degree
  • Withdrawal date
  • Course Listings/Descrptions

Due to FERPA, we cannot release certain information without consent.

Please note: Diplomas are mailed in an oversized envelope with cardboard and they typically do not fit into the standard-size mailbox.

  • There is a $20.00 fee for each replacement diploma requested. We accept cash or check (no credit cards).
  • Please make checks payable to the University of St. Thomas.
  • Diplomas are ordered every two weeks.
  • Diploma requests take 1-3 weeks to process.
  • You may pick up your diploma at our office, or we will mail it per your instructions. 

Replacement Diploma Request

You may email, mail, fax or walk up with a signed letter requesting that your address be changed. Please include:

  • Your previous address and new address information, along with any changes to your telephone number(s)
  • Previous/prior name(s)
  • Date of birth
  • Student ID number and/or last 4 digits of Social Security Number (SSN)
  • Student's signature
One of the following forms of documentation is required before a change to the legal name on record will be completed. Photocopies are acceptable. Please photocopy both the front and back of each document as needed.
  • Social Security Card: Must contain the new/current name and match the SSN currently on file.
  • Marriage License: Must contain both the old/former and new/current name.
  • Divorce Papers: Must contain both the old/former and new/current name.
  • Court Ordered Documentation: Must contain both the old/former and new/current name.
  • Driver’s License: Must be valid (non-expired) and contain new/current name.
To request an update to identification information on your student record:
  • Complete the Legal Name Change Request and return it to our office.
  • Name changes must have the student's:
    • Former name
    • Current name
    • Required documentation (see above)
    • Student's signature
    • St. Thomas ID number and/or last 4 digits of Social Security Number (SSN)

NOTE: We do not change names when we receive a form or letter that indicates a name has changed without first having the required documentation, as outlined above.

To request a change to your preferred first name:

Students may email the Office of Student Data and Registrar (using their St. Thomas email account), fax or mail a request to have their preferred first name updated. Requests must include the requestor's St. Thomas ID and specify what changes should be made.

Your preferred first name is distinct from your legal name and will be used for internal University of St. Thomas communications including: class rosters, residence life information, etc. 

Note: Requesting a change to your preferred first name does not change your legal name at the University. Your legal name will still appear on official documents such as the official transcript, official St. Thomas letters, etc. To change your legal name, please follow the instructions outlined above.

View more information about readmission.

If you have been previously enrolled at the University of St. Thomas and have taken one or more terms off, you should do the following:

  • Call Academic Counseling to set-up an appointment to discuss remianing coursework, academic requirements and to complete the forms listed below.
  • If the student has attended any other institution(s) during the period of time they were absent from St. Thomas, transcript(s) from each of the other institutions must be submitted for evaluation, as well as the Dean of Students form from the last institution attended, prior to formal re-admittance and registration.
  • Students will be directed to the Office of Student Data & Registrar with the updated forms, signed by an Academic Counselor and will update the information and then register the student if necessary.

NOTE: Effective for the 2019-2020 academic year (beginning with fall 2019), all readmitted students will be charged banded tuition rates. More information regarding tuition and fees for the current and upcoming academic year are available on the Business Office website.

Undergraduate Questionnaire

Readmission Form

Add/Drop Form

Dean of Students Form

Notice of Obligation