- Students with at least senior status who are in good academic standing may choose to participate in a ceremony prior to completing all degree requirements. However, students may only participate in one ceremony.
After all degree requirements are satisfied, your degree will be officially awarded!
- The Degree Awarded date will be posted 3-4 weeks after the term.
- Diplomas are mailed to both baccalaureate and master’s graduates after all requirements are satisfied. Please allow 6-8 weeks for diploma ordering and shipment.
- Diplomas will not be released to graduates who have an outstanding account balance with the university.
- You may request an official transcript though Murphy Online or by submitting a Transcript Request Form. We do not hold transcript requests for future activity (such as the posting of grades or awarding of degrees). Please submit your transcript request after your grades are posted or degree has been awarded. Your unofficial transcript will show if the degree has been awarded.
Each year, the University of St. Thomas conducts commencement ceremonies in May. Undergraduate students who have completed their degree requirements will receive an email from the Student Data & Registrar’s Office notifying them of their eligibility to participate in the next scheduled ceremony. Information about the graduation process is sent to prospective graduates each spring semester.