Research Computing Services
One of the three pillars of STELAR's mission is to increase research capabilities, visibility and support.
Some of the services currently being planned and developed include:
Support for faculty research and development projects
- Artificial Intelligence, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Scientific Visualization, High Performance computing including TensorFlow, Matlab, Spark, Keras, Prospect, Oculus Rift, etc.
- Software development projects
- Grant discovery, writing assistance and coordination with the St. Thomas Sponsored Research Office
- Quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis services
- Assistance developing statistical models and methodologies
- Study consultation
- Intensive Computing Group: one stop shop for connecting to physical and cloud based high-performance computing resources, grant discovery and research support
St. Thomas Research Online
- In coordination with St. Thomas Libraries, access to a full-featured Research Portal for internal and external researchers with storage, evaluation and retrieval capabilities for research-related documents
Because these services are in active planning and development, we are eager to hear from you! What is it you would like to see us offer? What would you like to be able to do that you cannot now? You are essential partners in shaping our research support services, so bring us your ideas!