Videos are one of the best and most popular ways to connect with students. They can increase student engagement and may help students to learn and retain the course information more effectively.
The STELAR studios combine to offer the capability to produce multiple types of videos. (Please contact STELAR if you'd like to learn more.)
STELAR hosts four unique video production facilities.
St. Paul Campus:
- Videos are tied directly to course assignments and/or assessment.
- Conversational language and humor create a connection; draw on past experiences.
- Video supplements other content; the videos should not convey information that students could just read as text.
- High-quality videos are produced; high production value can signify important information.
- Keep the four-minute view time as a design consideration; break longer lectures into shorter segments
Whether you need access to recording technologies, help with shooting and editing, or just some outside feedback, we can help you to create media that will engage your students and enrich their learning experience.
Click here to learn more.
The audio room, located in the LIB LL22 STELAR space, can be used for creating podcasts, adding voice overs to screencasts or presentations, editing existing video recordings, or creating other types of student-focused media. It’s equipped with a computer, microphone, webcam and a range of software for video and audio editing, including Camtasia.
Not sure where to begin?
We can help you get started and provide support throughout the recording and editing process.