Pathways to a Better You
Pathways to a Better You
Pathways to a Better You is a workshop series designed for all students. Pathways is a fun, interactive workshop that focuses on three separate, but related, topics each week: practicing self-care, coping with feelings, and living by your values. Pathways gives you strategies and tools you can use immediately to improve well-being, as well as, social and academic functioning. Pathways is not counseling, but you will receive guidance around how to increase wellness, build resiliency, and learn to cope with day to day stress. All sessions are located in our office, Counseling and Psychological Services, MHC 356. 651-962-6780
WHEN & WHERE:
- Every Monday from 3:00pm-4:00pm
- Every Thursday from 8:00am-9:00am
- Every Friday from 11:00am-12:00pm
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How do I join Pathways?
- Call our office to sign up for a time. It’s that easy!
Who should attend Pathways?
- Everyone! Pathways is open to all students and is meant to help all students learn strategies for coping with everyday stress. While Pathways can be helpful for students experiencing ongoing mental health concerns, such as anxiety and depression, it can also be really helpful for students who want to learn how to manage the stress of college.
Who leads the Pathways Workshops?
- Counselors from Counseling and Psychological Services.
I’m currently seeing a counselor at Counseling and Psychological Services, can I also attend Pathways?
- Yes! Pathways is a great opportunity to learn additional coping skills and may also reinforce some of the work you’re doing in individual counseling.
I went to the Monday 3:00 pm Pathways workshop this week but have a conflict at that time next week. Can I attend a different Pathways workshops next week?
- Yes! All three workshop times rotate through the same information so you can attend different days as needed. Call our office to find out when the next sesssion is and to see what the topic of the day is so that you don’t attend a session you’ve already been through. 651-962-6780
Can I bring a friend or resident with me to Pathways?
- Yes! Anyone can attend a Pathways session, we just ask you to call our office to let us know who is attending.651-962-6780
Will I have to talk in front of a group or share personal things about myself?
- No. There may be times where the counselor leading the workshop asks for a volunteer for an activities or invites people to share reactions or questions about an activity, but you don’t have to share if you do not want to. Pathways is focused on learning coping skills, rather than talking through the concerns that may have led you to attend Pathways. If you are looking for a space to talk through personal concerns, we encourage you attend Let’s Talk, which are drop-in consultation hours held Monday thru Friday from 1pm-2pm in OSF.