Virtual Let's Talk
Beginning Fall Semester, 2021
Let's Talk is a virtual, free, and confidential service meant to provide students with consultation and support. Students are able to meet with professional staff from Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) for quick, 10-15 minute consultations. Appointments are first-come, first-served. The counselor will listen closely to your concerns and provide support, perspective, and suggestions for resources.
When & Where:
- Every week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm
- Virtual through Zoom!
Click the zoom link when Let’s Talk is in session. Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/91063682231
Let's Talk is Not Counseling.
- Let's Talk is not a replacement for ongoing counseling or for students in crisis. Let's Talk is a drop-in service where students can have an informal consultation with a counselor.
Let’s Talk is a Good Fit for:
- Students who have questions about counseling and what it's like to be in counseling.
- Students who are not interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor.
- Students who have a specific problem and would like to review options for that problem.
- Students who have a concern about a friend and want ideas about how to help that friend.
Some reasons to stop by Stress—academic problems—anxiety—relationships—adjustment to a new culture—family problems—depression—financial difficulties—other concerns.
If you need to talk to a counselor during business hours:
- Call the front desk for Urgent Care: Urgent Care (Virtual zoom, Monday-Friday, 2-4pm) : 651-962-6750
- For students in crisis and need to be connected to a counselor during business hours.
- We see students on a first come first serve basis, they can call right at 2pm and we will schedule them immediately.
If you need to talk to a counselor outside of business hours go to the below option:
- After Hours Care (Phone, 24/7)
- Call 651-962-6750 (choose option 4)
- For students in crisis and need to be connected to a licensed counselor outside of business hours.