The Dean of Students Office provides opportunities for students to develop and exercise their leadership capacity:
- We advise Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Society (ODK) for juniors and seniors who have demonstrated academic excellence and involvement in university community.
- We offer positions of leadership in the orientation process or Off-Campus Student Services programs through the annual student leadership selection process.
- We offer three scholarships which have leadership as a key component for eligibility. Applications for all scholarships are offered in spring semester for the next academic year.
- The Malevich Leadership Scholarship is given in recognition of the 26 years of service that William B. Malevich served as Dean of Students. The scholarship is awarded to seniors who have demonstrated leadership and are interested in enhancing their leadership skills in their final year of study.
- The Thomas Kraemer Memorial Scholarship provides financial assistance to a student based on major field area, campus involvement and volunteer activity. Preference is given to students from Wadena or Otter Tail County, This scholarship does require that the recipient be involved in volunteer activity throughout the year; the family of the late Mr. Kraemer and the donor's representative suggests the Minnesota Literacy Council.
- The Gregory Marzolf Jr. Scholarship is awarded annually to a University of St. Thomas commuter student who, through dedication and disciplined application, has exercised talents and abilities in an extraordinary manner. Through the exercising of these talents and abilities, the commuter student has overcome significant obstacles to achieve excellence in academics, co-curricular activities and community pursuits. This student should have a documented physical or learning disability.