Going Hybrid in 2018-19!
Same exceptional preparation for clinical practice...
...more flexibility for working professionals who want critically important face-to-face time AND on-line components they can complete at their convenience…
For 15 years, the St. Kate's - St. Thomas MSW has offered a Weekend Cohort distance learning option for working professionals who aren't able to make it to campus for our Weekday/Evening completion tracks, but who value the personal connections and the opportunities for in-depth discussions and focused practice experience of on-campus face-to-face learning. By increasing the online components of the program, the Hybrid MSW will provide even greater access by significantly reducing the on-campus time requirement while maintaining meaningful face-to-face learning opportunities.
The St. Kate's - St. Thomas Hybrid MSW
Although primarily serving students who commute from Greater Minnesota and surrounding states, the Hybrid MSW option will be available to any student needing the flexibility of distance learning:
- 2-year Advanced Standing and 3-year Regular Standing completion options for working professionals throughout the region
- Students will take 2 courses at a time in summer, fall and spring
- Courses meet on campus 3 Saturdays per term, 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
- On-campus sessions will take place at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul
- Students complete online coursework between sessions using a variety of online learning tools
- Courses in the Hybrid MSW start in the summer.
Priority application deadline for 2019: January 10**
**There will be a second application deadline of March 10 for the Hybrid MSW, pending space availability
Questions? Contact us at MSWinfo@stthomas.edu or call Cindy Lorah with the School of Social Work at 651-962-5814
Please note that field placements for all completion tracks typically take place during regular business hours. Employed students will need flexibility in their schedules to accommodate the field education requirements of the program as detailed under Field Education»