Doctorate in Social Work (DSW). This DSW program has been approved by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Education as Practice: Exceptional preparation for the practice of teaching in higher education
- Three-year curriculum; 45 semester credits (15 courses) required.
- Cohort model: Students move through the program as a group, forming strong personal and professional connections
- Online synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- On-campus residency each summer in St. Paul, MN (2 weeks)
- Fall and Spring semesters each comprised of two successive, 8-week sessions
- "Banded" dissertation
- MSW degree from a program accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Minimum of two years post-MSW social work practice experience
- Previous teaching experience in higher education (adjunct or full-time) - strongly preferred
- Social work license eligibility
- Minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for previous graduate work
- Commitment to teach and lead in the social work profession.
- Application deadline for Summer 2017: January 15, 2017
- 2017, Cohort 4 program start:
- Orientation at Oak Ridge Conference Center in Chaska, MN: July 14-16
- On-campus residency at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN: July 16-28