Fall 2019 Resident Permit Lottery
The lottery form for the fall 2019 resident parking permit lottery will be available June 14. The deadline for submitting the form is July 12 and results will be emailed to recipients on July 15.
Resident Parking Permits
All resident parking permits are awarded through a lottery. Priority for these permits is given to grad students, seniors, juniors and second-year students.
ENTERING THE LOTTERY:
Option 1: Fill out and return a lottery form to the Department of Public Safety and Parking Services.
Option 2: Complete Resident Permit Lottery form online.
Indicate what your class standing will be as of August 15. This information will be checked against the records at the Office of the Registrar at the end of August. You will not be entered in the lottery if class standing information is incorrect.
Forms need to be delivered to Parking Services- Murray Herrick 106, faxed to (651) 962-7280, mailed to Parking Services at mail #4019, 2115 Summit Ave, St Paul MN, 55105, -or- submitted through the online Resident Permit Lottery form.
PURCHASING YOUR PERMIT OR RAMP CONTRACT:
If you receive an email confirming that you have received a resident permit, complete the permit registration through Murphy Online. Once you have registered, come to the Parking Services Office at Murray Herrick 106 to pick up your permit.
Should you be selected in any lottery that you enter, you will have until 4:30 pm. on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 to purchase your permit or contract. Failure to do so by this date will result in your space being re-entered into future lotteries. Permits can be purchased at the Parking Services Office at Murray Herrick 106.
You will need the following items in order to purchase a permit/contract:
- Confirmation of online registration. Print the form at the end of the registration.
- A valid St Thomas identification card
- An accurate license plate number
- Proof of ownership for the vehicle you register (insurance card, registration, etc.) NOTE: Your permit is only valid for the vehicle to which it is registered. If you drive another vehicle, you MUST exchange your permit or obtain a temporary permit (by providing proof of ownership again.
- Payment – all parking permits must be paid for by student account charge.