Permit Lottery for Fall 2019
The fall 2019 lottery is closed and we are full. Lottery results will be emailed at 3:00 pm on Monday, July 15. There will not be a second round of the lottery unless there are unclaimed permits at the end of the first week of classes, Friday, Sept. 6.
All resident parking permits are awarded through a lottery. All resident students may enter the lottery. Priority for these permits is given to seniors, juniors and second-year students.
Entering the lottery
Option 1: Fill out and return a lottery form to the Department of Public Safety and Parking Services.
Option 2: Complete Resident Permit Lottery form online.
Indicate what your class standing will be as of August 15. This information will be checked against the records at the Office of the Registrar. You will not be entered in the lottery if class standing information is incorrect.
Forms need to be delivered to Parking Services in Murray Herrick 106, faxed to (651) 962-7280, mailed to Parking Services at mail #4019, 2115 Summit Ave, St Paul MN, 55105, -or- submitted through the online Resident Permit Lottery form.
Lottery winners will be notified on July 15 via email.
Purchasing your parking permit:
Resident parking permits will go on sale Monday, August 19. If you receive an email confirming that you have received a resident permit, complete the permit registration through Murphy Online. Starting on August 19, and after you have completed the registration, come to the Parking Services Office at Murray Herrick 106 to pick up your permit.
Should you be selected in any lottery that you enter, you will have until 4:30 pm. onFriday, September 6, 2019 to purchase your permit. Failure to do so by this date will result in your space being re-entered into future lotteries. Permits can be purchased at the Parking Services Office at Murray Herrick 106.
You will need the following items in order to purchase a permit/contract:
- Confirmation of online registration. Print the form at the end of the registration.
- A valid St. Thomas identification card.
- An accurate license plate number.
- Proof of ownership for the vehicle you register (insurance card, registration, etc.) NOTE: Your permit is only valid for the vehicle to which it is registered. If you drive another vehicle, you MUST exchange your permit or obtain a temporary permit (by providing proof of ownership again.
- Payment – all parking permits must be paid for by student account charge.