SEVP Portal now makes it easier for F1 students to report changes during Optional Practical Training (OPT).
The Portal will allow you to:.
- View details about your post-completion or STEM OPT.
- Report changes to your address, telephone and employer information
- View and update data on all your employers in one place. Any data updates you make in the portal will be sent directly to the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
To Create SEVP Portal Account:
- The portal will send the account creation email to a student once their OPT is approved. The email contains unique link to the student and cannot be shared or reused. The link is valid for 14 days. If you are unable to start the registration process, you will need to contact OISS to have the account reset notice sent again.
Sender of the email: do-not-reply.SEVP@ice.dhs.gov
- Student access the link in the email, enters their SEVIS ID and creates a password.
- The SEVP Portal creates the student’s user profile.
Please be sure to inform OISS your personal email account that you frequently use.
Please click HERE for SEVP Portal HELP
Students on 24 month STEM OPT
For those who are currently on 24 month STEM OPT, you are unable to report changes in employer through SEVP Portal. You must submit a completed Form I-983 with your new employer to OISS whenever you change your employer. Your employer needs to be E-Verified to be qualified for STEM OPT.