Give to St. Thomas Law
The third annual Tommie Give Day starts at midnight tonight. Here is what you need to know:
- This year's matching dollars will support scholarships to increase financial access for St. Thomas students.
- Our goal is to raise $550,000. Give early to have your gift matched 100 percent!
- If the law school has the highest number of participants, will receive $1,000.
- If you give now, you will not hear from Dean Vischer or your classmates about annual giving for a full year!
You can go online at the Tommie Give Day website or you can call 651-962-7233 and talk with one of our Tommie Give Day operators.
After Nov. 14, please make your gift online through the links below, or by phone or mail. Gifts for this giving year can be made online until 11:59 p.m. (CST) on June 30.
2017 Annual Giving Priorities
The University of St. Thomas School of Law Annual Fund and Scholarship Fund are our priorities. Gifts to the Annual Fund provide financial stability, ensuring that the School of Law can withstand economic adversity and minimize impact of the fluctuations in the legal market. Gifts to the Scholarship Fund allow the School of Law to attract students with strong academic credentials whose diverse life experiences enrich the student body.
Matching Gifts Can Double Your Impact
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match contributions made to St. Thomas School of Law. To search for your employer, go to www.matchinggifts.com/uost. If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift to: Development Office, University of St. Thomas, P.O. Box 64947, Saint Paul, MN 55164-0947.
Planned giving is a process of charitable, legal, financial and tax planning that enhances your philanthropy and enables you to address other financial and estate planning issues. Contact the University of St. Thomas development office at (651) 962-6950.
Alumni participation in Annual Giving demonstrates that St. Thomas law graduates believe in the mission of the school. Your gift is a vote of confidence—a show of support for our students and law school leadership. Your participation brings fellow St. Thomas Law alumni together for a common purpose: maintaining the School of Law’s tradition of excellence and inspired justice. Over the last decade, your collective voices have communicated a strong message on a national level: We are the best. And one way we show that is through national leadership in alumni participation among all ABA-accredited law schools. To be certain, your collective gifts have impact.
The School of Law could not maintain its current level of excellence without annual fund gifts. Tuition has never covered the full expense of educating students at St. Thomas. Gifts of every size are important. Over the last three years, annual gifts of $250 or less raised more than $67,000.
Gifts to the Annual Fund support, among other things:
- scholarship assistance to dedicated students
- student services, including academic and bar exam support
- diversity and inclusion initiatives
- mission roundtables
- career support for students and alumni
- the Board of Advocates and student journals
- symposia, seminars and on-demand CLEs for students, faculty and alumni
- clinic fellows to educate our students and bring real-world experience to the classroom
- our #1 ranked Mentor Externship Program
- practical training through eight externship programs
- high-priority needs identified by Dean Vischer
- excellence in teaching and scholarship (our faculty are consistently ranked among the top 10 best professors in the nation by Princeton Review)
- the daily operations of the School of Law. If you can see it, identify it, and benefit from it, the annual fund is behind it.
Your gift to any of the School of Law designations is important. Some of our more impact-driven options include:
Scholarship: Your scholarship gift allows the School of Law to attract students with strong academic credentials whose diverse life experiences enrich the student body.
University of St. Thomas—Minnesota Justice Foundation Public Interest Summer Fellowship: Your gift, dollar for dollar, funds a summer fellowship for St. Thomas Law students to work for public interest organizations serving the common good.
Diana Hamilton Clinic Fellowship in Law: In honor of Diana Hamilton '06, your gift supports a summer law clinic fellow who demonstrates a passion for mentoring children and adolescents, with a desire to ensure that they realize equal justice under the law.
All thriving relationships require an ongoing commitment—and for the institutions you care about, a continued financial commitment. Giving to the Annual Fund is an important and critical part of investing in today's St. Thomas School of Law. Participation is about contributing as a fully engaged member of our healthy and growing community. All law alumni benefit when the quality and reputation of their alma mater remains strong.
Giving to the Annual Fund also is a way of demonstrating your confidence in and loyalty to your school. And we must not forget that all graduates benefitted in some measure from the generosity of donors to the school who came before them. We can’t be the school we aspire to be without a culture of philanthropy, and a strong stewardship and call to pay it forward.