Women’s center announces scholarship for women’s studies majors, minors
The Luann Dummer Center for Women provides an annual scholarship in the amount of $2,000 to a qualified women’s studies major or minor.
To apply for this scholarship, students must:
- Have officially declared a major or minor in women’s studies
- Have completed or currently be enrolled in WMST 205, Foundations of Women’s Studies
- Submit an essay, report or project, developed in a classroom context, that addresses a women’s studies topic, with a cover letter that explains the value of that project or essay in light of their education in women’s studies
- Submit an unofficial transcript
- Submit, in a sealed signed envelope, a letter of support from a women’s studies faculty member
The review committee for this award will evaluate applications based on the student’s academic strength and financial need.
Applications for scholarships for the 2006-2007 academic year must be received by Dr. Sherry Jordon, director of women’s studies, Mail JRC 153, no later than Nov. 15, 2006.
For additional information, contact Jordon, (651) 962-5328.