With the help of the Luann Dummer Center for Women, senior Emilee Sirek is conducting a winter clothing and toiletries drive for the women of Sarah’s … an Oasis for Women, a local organization that provides housing, safety and community for women in transition.
Donations will be accepted through Friday, Dec. 21, at the women’s center in Room 103, O’Shaughnessy Educational Center.
Donations can be dropped off weekdays:
- 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday
Donations of women’s clothing and toiletry items include (but are not limited to):
- Gently used or new women’s pants (sweatpants, jeans, dress pants, etc.)
- Gently used or new women’s tops (sweaters, T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.)
- Gently used or new women’s outdoor gear (coats, mittens and gloves, hats, thermals, etc.)
- New toiletry items (sanitary pads, toothbrushes and toothpaste, hairbrushes, shampoo and soap, deodorant, etc.)
- Walgreens or Target gift cards
One, 10 or 50 items – every item counts and is tax deductible with the completion of a Contribution Acknowledgement Form, which will be available at the drop-off. The forms must be filled out completely in order to be processed.
For more information email Sirek.