Here’s a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status. If a link has expired, you’re welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries’ website. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s website in order to access the full text.
The list below is by no means exhaustive. If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- “Marissa: Thursday’s Child,” KSTP, Dec. 9, 2010. KSTP’s Thursdays Child spends a day with the UST women’s basketball team.
- “Enhancing the Quality of the Student Experience,” Nexus, January 2011. The St. Paul Chamber of Commerce featured the recent and ongoing campus construction projects in its monthly newsletter.
- “Fat body, skinny wallet,” Forum, Jan. 16, 2011. “It’s an endless cultural lesson that’s been drilled into our heads since we were tots, watching cartoons such as the Flintstones and playing with Barbie and Ken dolls: If you are a woman, you should be extremely thin; if you are a man, you should be big and strong.”
- “Law schools take hits in NYT; how are local four doing?” MinnPost, Jan. 17, 2011. “Reporting a story a few weeks back, I called several faculty members at local law schools to ask them a question that was equal parts law and philosophy: To whom did a private, for-profit institution of higher education owe its first allegiance, its students or its shareholders?”
- “Career Exploration: Retail,” Star Tribune, Jan. 17, 2011. “From management positions in corporate offices to back room support and logistics, retail offers behind-the-scenes opportunities aside from working a cash register. Entry-level openings abound as well, while e-commerce and specialty retailers may appeal to those with certain skill sets or personalities.”
- “New Missal presents spiritual growth opportunities,” The Catholic Spirit, Jan. 19, 2011. “Introducing Catholics in the archdiocese to the new words they will speak and sing at Mass presents pastors and parish staff with challenges and opportunities, said Father John Paul Erickson, director of the archdiocesan Office of Worship.”
- “St. Thomas’ Caruso Knows Comebacks On-Field And Off,” KSTP, Jan. 19, 2011. “After taking over a team that had won just 2 games in 2007, Caruso’s Tommies have won 7, 11 and 12 games in the three years since. The 2010 season culminated in a national quarterfinal. This isn’t the first time Caruso has been part of an unlikely comeback.”