Here’s a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, and if links have expired, you’re welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries’ Web site. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access full text.
The list below is by no means exhaustive. If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Children’s book illustrators have work on display,” Star Tribune, Jan. 17, 2010. “An exhibit of works by 30 Minnesota illustrators of children’s books will be on display at the University of St. Thomas beginning this week.”
- “Land and building wars,” Christianity Today, Jan. 12, 2010. “Even when a national body wins in court, it seldom amounts to a public relations victory. Valerie J. Munson, who runs a religion and law center at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis, has counseled a dozen U.S. Anglican parishes and finds all the litigation unfortunate.”
- “H&M’s destruction of unsold clothes a rarity among stores,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Jan. 19, 2010. “‘They don’t have an obligation legally to give it away, but that’s not what we’re talking about here,’ said Kenneth Goodpaster, professor of business ethics at the University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business. ‘There are long-recognized moral principles involved here to improve the condition of other people. It’s not about going beyond the call of duty. It is the call of duty.'”
- “Seahawks hire Schneider,” ESPN.com, Jan. 19, 2010. The Seattle Seahawks new general manager is St. Thomas alumnus John Schneider ’94.
- See also: “Seahawks announce John Schneider is team’s new GM,” Seattle Times, Jan. 19, 2010.
- See also: “Seahawks hire Packers’ Schneider as new GM,” KGO-TV, San Francisco, Jan. 19, 2010.
- See also: “New GM OK with losing coin toss,” The Olympian (Olympia, Wash.), Jan. 21, 2010.
- See also: “Seahawks introduce Schneider as general manager,” Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Jan. 20, 2010.
- See also: “Former Seahawks personnel man returning as GM,” Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Jan. 19, 2010.
- See also: “Seahawks make Schneider’s hiring official,” Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Jan. 19, 2010.
- See also: “Seahawks go young in their choice for GM,” Tacoma (Wash.) News Tribune, Jan. 19, 2010.
- “Minneapolis names new schools chief,” Star Tribune, Jan. 20, 2010. Bernadeia Johnson earned her education degree in St. Thomas’ Collaborative Urban Educators (CUE) program.
- See also: “New Mpls. superintendent poised for progress,” Star Tribune, Jan. 21, 2010.
- “Tommies too much for Concordia men,” Fargo (N.D.) Forum, Jan. 21, 2010.