UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- "Awards champion firms with flexible workplaces," Star Tribune, Feb. 1, 2007. "Health Services was among 22 firms recognized recently for their work-life policies by the Center for Ethical Business Cultures, a nonprofit center housed at the University of St. Thomas." http://www.startribune.com/535/story/972931.html
- See also: "Family-friendly firms feted," St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 4, 2007. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/16610738.htm
- "New condo owner responsible to pay assessment fees," St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 2, 2007. Columnist Dr. Thomas Musil is director of the Shenehon Center for Real Estate in St. Thomas ‘ Opus College of Business. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/16605339.htm
- Interview with Dr. John Buri, UST Psychology Department, WCCO Radio, Feb. 3, 2007. Buri was interviewed about his new book, How to Love Your Wife. (Not available online. Learn more about the book in Bulletin Today next Monday, Feb. 12.)
- "Mover," St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 4, 2007. Nestor Jeramillo, vice president for sales and marketing at Transoma Medical, is a St. Thomas alumnus. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/16610708.htm
- "Sports," St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 4, 2007. "Kevin Rollwagen and Nick Nelson each scored two goals to lead host St. Thomas over Gustavus Adolphus 6-0." http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/16617509.htm
- "St. Paul or San Diego? MindTouch goes West," St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 4, 2007. "Last week during an appearance at St. Thomas University, 3M Co. CEO George Buckley said he’d never do something solely for a short-term gain for the company. As 3M showed its commitment to that approach in its fourth quarter earnings report last week, the stock felt the pressure." http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/16610733.htm
- "Katherine Kersten: Soon-to-be empty nesters mourning ‘the year of lasts,’" Star Tribune, Feb. 5, 2007. "John Buri, a psychology professor who specializes in marriage and family dynamics at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, is no stranger to these mixed emotions. Buri, whose kids went to school with mine, has six kids, and they all have left home. Buri says that he found himself mourning each child’s departure, because it meant – in one sense – the death of something he loved: family life as it had been." http://www.startribune.com/191/story/980726.html
- "Outside consultant," Star Tribune, Feb. 5, 2007. Opus College of Business faculty members provide the expertise for this weekly business question-and-answer column. http://www.startribune.com/535/story/977413.html
- "’Team Ukraine’ gives double value," Star Tribune, Feb. 5, 2007. Entrepreneur and Belarus native Alex Levin, founder of ThermoDynamo, a Web design and development company, "was 4 years old when he resettled in Minnesota with his father, a mechanical engineer, now retired; his mother, a chemist at General Mills, and a sibling. He graduated from Benilde- St. Margaret’s School and got a marketing degree from the University of St. Thomas College of Business." http://www.startribune.com/535/story/977946.html