More than 20 public television stations across the country this week will rebroadcast “A St. Thomas Christmas,” a one-hour holiday special produced at the 2008 Christmas concert.
In Minnesota, the concert will be broadcast at 11 p.m. Christmas Eve and 5 a.m. Christmas Day on TPT Channel 2 in the Twin Cities and at 7 p.m. Christmas Day on Lakeland Public Television in Brainerd and Bemidji. The concert was broadcast Saturday on KSMQ in Rochester.
Other markets broadcasting the concert include:
- Boston: New Hampshire Public Television, 8 p.m. Friday and midnight Saturday.
- Charleston, Ill.: WEIU FT, 10 p.m. Friday and 3 a.m. Saturday.
- Charleston, W.Va., and Athens, Ohio: WOUB Learns, 3 p.m. Tuesday; WOUB Classic, 2 a.m. Wednesday; and WOUB HD, 10 p.m. Wednesday.
- Chicago: Lakeshore Public Television, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10:30 p.m. Friday.
- Cookeville, Tenn.: WCTE, noon Thursday.
- Grand Rapids, Mich.: WGVU, 5 p.m. Friday.
- Los Angeles: KVCR, 9 p.m. Tuesday and 2 a.m. Thursday and KVCR Digital 24.3, 9 p.m. Thursday and 2 a.m. and 2 p.m. Friday.
- Moline, Ill.: WQPT DT1, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
- New Orleans, OETA, 2 a.m. Friday.
- Oklahoma (statewide), OETA, 10 p.m. Wednesday.
- Orlando: WBCC, 2 a.m., 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. Friday.
- Oregon (statewide), OPB Plus, 11 p.m. Wednesday.
- San Antonio, KLRN Too, 3 a.m. Tuesday.
- Seattle: KBTC, 5 p.m. Friday.
- South Dakota (statewide): SDPB, 1 a.m. Friday.
- Toledo: WGTE Family, 9 p.m. Thursday and 1 a.m. Friday.
- Wheeling, W. Va. and Cambridge, Ohio: WOUB Select, 1 p.m. Tuesday, and WOUB Unlimited, 10 p.m. Wednesday.
- Wichita: KPTS-HD1, 8 a.m. Friday.
- Wyoming (statewide): Wyoming PBS, 8 a.m. Friday.
Some of those stations broadcast the concert earlier this month, as did Idaho Public Television.
The broadcast is made possible by a grant from Al and Mary Agnes McQuinn. He is a member of the St. Thomas Board of Trustees and she is chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Board of Advisers at St. Thomas.
Viewers also can watch “A St. Thomas Christmas” anytime online: Streaming video is available on the St. Thomas Web site. A DVD of “A St. Thomas Christmas,” which includes bonus field interviews from the St. Thomas music program as well as concert footage, also is available, as are CDs of the 2008 and 2009 concerts. To order, visit the UST Music Department Web site, print and complete the order form and return it with a check made payable to the University of St. Thomas.