The University Advocates for Women and Equity elected a new coordinating council at the Oct. 9 meeting of the full membership.
New and returning council members are:
- Amanda Sesker, undergraduate student
- Amy Nygaard, graduate student in art history
- Ann Johnson, Psychology Department
- Susan Myers, Theology Department
- Ea McMillan Porter, Graduate School of Professional Psychology
- Mary Ann Ryan, Campus Life
- Paddy Satzer, Law Library Operations (co-chair)
- Marjorie Siegel, Center for Business Excellence
- Amy Kritzer, English Department
- Tara LaFerla, Multicultural Student Services
- Corrine Carvalho, Theology Department and director of the Luann Dummer Center for Women (ex officio)
- Cara Anthony, Theology Department, acting co-chair for fall semester (Myers will resume this post in spring 2010.)
Contact any of these members with issues and concerns that you would like to see the UAWE address.
The UAWE was established to address issues of the climate for women students, staff and faculty at the University of St. Thomas. The committee has a particular mission of support and advocacy for women. Membership is open to both women and men.