A workshop for faculty interested in learning more about service-learning will be held Monday through Thursday, Jan. 10-13, on the St. Paul campus. The workshop will run from 9 a.m. to noon each day.
This Introduction to Service Learning Workshop is designed for those who have little or no experience with service learning:
- Hear from experienced faculty and community partners
- Discover the foundations and goals of service-learning
- Learn from a guidebook and notebook of resources
- See sample syllabi and gain practical strategies for classroom and community work
- Learn how to transform a regular core or major-field course, or to offer an entirely new course, by incorporating service-learning.
A stipend will be provided for workshop attendees. Both full- and part-time faculty members are welcome. This workshop is co-sponsored by the Office for Service-Learning and Faculty Development.
To register, contact Barb Baker, service-learning program manager, (651) 962-5380, by Friday, Dec. 17, indicating your goals for participation.