Public Safety would like to alert the University of St. Thomas community of several recent thefts on the St. Paul campus.
- On Saturday, Dec. 15, at approximately 1 p.m., a UST student reported her unattended laptop was stolen from a desk on the third floor of O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library. The student reported she had left her laptop for only a few minutes to get something to eat.
- On Sunday, Dec. 16, between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m., a UST student reported his unattended wallet was stolen from the third floor of Anderson Student Center. The student reported he left his wallet on a table in the Student Leadership Center while he went to use the restroom.
- On Monday, Dec. 17, between 6:25 and 6:45 p.m., a UST student reported her unattended laptop was stolen from the fourth floor of O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library. The student reported she left her laptop in a backpack under a desk while she went to get something to eat.
There is no available suspect information in any of these incidents. For more information, see Public Safety’s Dec. 18 alert.
Anyone with information regarding these crimes is urged to call Public Safety at (651) 962-5100 or the St. Paul Police Department at (651) 291-1111.
Public Safety also would like to advise the community of two incidents recently reported by the Minneapolis Police Department.
- On Wednesday, Dec. 12, between 1 and 1:45 a.m., MPD reported an unidentified victim was assaulted on the 100 block of 9th Street. The victim reported he was assaulted from behind by an unknown suspect. The victim was stabbed and later sought medical attention at Hennepin County Medical Center.
- On Sunday, Dec. 16, between 12:43 and 12:47 a.m., MPD reported a non-UST affiliated suspect was arrested for third degree assault on the 700 block of Hennepin Avenue. A second non-UST affiliated suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Further details are not known for either of the incidents at this time. For more information, see Public Safety’s Dec. 18 advisory.