Executive vice president and chief academic officer search committee appointed
This academic year the University of St. Thomas will undertake a national search to select a new executive vice president and chief academic officer.
The following community members have been asked to participate in the search committee:
- Dr. John Abraham, Engineering
- Dr. Angie Barretta-Herman, Academic Affairs
- Britney Bryant, undergraduate student
- Jane Canney, Student Affairs
- Dr. Corrine Carvalho, Theology
- Edna Comedy, Human Resources
- Dr. Nancy Hartung, Biology
- Stephen Hoeppner, Development
- Dr. Marisa Kelly, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Lorman Lundsten, Marketing
- Thomas Mengler, School of Law
- Dr. Bhabani Misra, Software Engineering
- Dr. Michael Naughton, John A. Ryan Institute
- Dr. Agapitos Papagapitos, Economics
- Dr. Christopher Puto, Opus College of Business
- Jessica Rosenberger, graduate student
- Dr. Ann Ryan, School of Education
The committee will be responsible for solicitation of applicants, screening of candidates, leadership in on-campus interviews and advising on the suitability of finalists for the position. I have asked Dr. Susan Alexander, executive adviser to the president, to chair the committee.
I would like the broadest possible participation in this process, from solicitation of applicants to comments on finalists.
The successful candidate will have broad responsibility for the quality and vitality of the university’s academic life and programs. Focus on academic mission, vision and goals will be necessary for the person to lead the academic planning process, to guide the development of faculty in teaching and scholarship and to maintain and enhance the quality of the university. It also is my hope that the person chosen will foster community and cohesiveness across our university.
My expectation is to secure a new executive vice president and chief academic officer by the end of spring semester in 2009. During this academic year, I am grateful for the strong leadership of Dr. Susan Huber, interim executive vice president and chief academic officer.