The Luann Dummer Center for Women is seeking a director to lead the center in fulfilling its mission to address “the needs and aspirations of women … (by fostering their) intellectual, spiritual and personal development … and promot(ing) an open and diverse environment at St. Thomas.”
Applicants must be full-time tenured faculty members at the University of St. Thomas. Compensation for this position is the equivalent of three courses released time per year, plus January Term and summer stipends.
The director is responsible for:
- Planning and organizing the activities and programs sponsored by the center, including the Luann Dummer Lecture Series to be held annually in March, Women’s History Month.
- Creating partnerships and coordinating activities with other UST groups and programs, including especially those activities sponsored by the University Advocates for Women and Equity and by the Women’s Studies Program.
- Serving on the Coordinating Council of the University Advocates for Women and Equity, the Women’s Studies Advisory Committee, and the Affirmative Action Committee.
- Developing and maintaining the art collection of the center and its collection of books, periodicals and other educational resources.
- Chairing the advisory board of the center and coordinating the selection of its members.
- Forming relationships with centers for women on other campuses throughout the country and with local women’s organizations as appropriate.
- Administering the grant, fellowship and scholarship programs of the center.
- Administering the center, including:
- Managing its budgets
- Hiring and supervising its employees and student workers
- Coordinating the care of the physical space
- Overseeing the use of its meeting spaces
- Supervising maintenance of the center’s website and the publication of the Many Voices newsletter
The anticipated starting date is July 1, 2012. The director will serve a three-year term, renewable once, with the possibility of reapplying for the position after a period of two years. The director reports to Dr. Nancy Zingale.
Applicants are requested to send the following materials to Zingale via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Oct. 14:
- Letter of application outlining the reasons for interest in the position and relevant experience.
- Statement from the candidate’s department chair indicating the department’s willingness to release the candidate’s time to the center.