At the University of St. Thomas School of Law, we are focused on providing an innovative and student-centered legal education unlike any other in the country. We welcome the accolades that have come our way.
- #3 for practical training: In 2015, St. Thomas School of Law was named the #3 law school in the country for practical training by The National Jurist.
- #7 for best professors: St. Thomas School of Law professors are currently ranked #7 on Princeton Review’s “Best Professors” list. The faculty also made the top 10 in 2011, 2013 and 2014.
- #27 for clinical training: St. Thomas School of Law for the first time landed on U.S. News and World Report's 2016 law school clinical training rankings, taking our place at #27 in the nation.
- Outstanding classroom instruction: In 2011, Dean Robert Vischer was named to National Jurist’s list of "23 Law Profs to Take Before You Die."
- Scholarly impact: Out of 200 law schools nationwide, St. Thomas School of Law's world-class faculty rank #30 for scholarly impact, using the methodology developed by University of Chicago law professor Brian Leiter.
Unbeatable student experience
- #3 for quality of life: St. Thomas School of Law is currently ranked #3 on Princeton Review’s “Best Quality of Student Life” list. We've landed in the top 10 on this list nearly every year since 2008.
- Measurable impact: In a nationwide survey of law students, St. Thomas School of Law students reported greater progress than students at peer schools on measures such as learning to work effectively with others, real-world problem-solving, exposure to diverse perspectives in class, and quality of relationships with faculty and other students.
- Scholarships and support: The School of Law has raised more than $100 million in gifts and pledges to establish professorships and chairs, and to provide financial aid for students.
Relationship building and career support
- #1 for externship: St. Thomas School of Law was ranked #1 in the country by National Jurist for having the most externship placements per full-time student in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Our Mentor Externship Program matches every current J.D. student with a mentor during all three years of law school.
- #1 for employment: St. Thomas School of Law is the top private law school in Minnesota for employment. A greater percentage of our Class of 2014 was employed in J.D.-required and J.D.-advantage jobs 10 months post-graduation when compared to the state's other private law schools.
- #1 in alumni support: For eight straight years, no other law school has been able to match our percentage of alumni who give to the annual fund. Our graduates believe in our mission.
- #17 for best value: According to National Jurist, St. Thomas School of Law is the #17 Best Value Private Law School in the nation, and the top among private law schools in Minnesota. Employment is the most important factor in the ranking, accounting for 35 percent.
- Career development support: Compared with students at other law schools, St. Thomas School of Law students report greater satisfaction with the support they receive for career and professional development.