ALERT: During the library closure because of the COVID-19 pandemic we are only accepting journal article and book chapter requests (one per book) that can be delivered to you electronically. Many libraries are closed or only offering digital material available in online databases, so we may have difficulty with some requests. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
St. Thomas students, faculty, and staff may request (free of charge) books, articles, and other library material not available in the CLICsearch system from other libraries via Interlibrary Loan. Libraries nationwide cooperate to share materials, so you don't even need to know which other library has the material you want--we track that down for you. Request materials through ILLiad, our interlibrary loan management system. ILLiad enables you to easily track your ILL requests.
We provide the following service to St. Thomas students and faculty living outside the seven-county metropolitan area (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington counties):
- We will mail books to you via Priority Mail from the St. Thomas Libraries' collections or from other libraries (obtained via interlibrary loan on your behalf).
- Whenever possible, journal articles will be sent to you electronically as PDF downloads via your ILLiad account. When electronic delivery is not possible, the articles will be mailed.
- There is no charge for interlibrary loan service, or for mailing the items TO you.
- You will be responsible for return postage if you return the books through the US mail or use another package delivery service. Alternatively, you can return the books in person during a campus visit.
- Please observe the due dates on the books we send you. The due date is the date you should have the material back to us. Keep in mind that books obtained via interlibrary loan from other libraries typically will have very short loan periods.
- Renewals are sometimes possible. Please request renewals through your ILLiad account (for interlibrary loan books), or in your CLICsearch account (for St. Thomas and CLIC library books).
To register for this service:
- Register in ILLiad, UST's interlibrary loan system, if you haven't already. If you have an existing account, you can edit your personal information to match the following guidelines.
- When you register, you DO have to pick one of the three St. Thomas libraries as a pickup location, even if you want your items mailed to you. It is best to choose OSF (O'Shaughnessy-Frey) Library, because if we make a mistake, and the book goes to the hold shelf instead of into the mail, it is easier for us to retrieve it and send it to you.
- Send an email to the Interlibrary Loan Department at <libillosf@stthomas> with your name and mailing address, and ask for your ILLiad account to be set up for Distance Education.
How to request items:
- For books, use the "Request via Interlibrary Loan" option for all books that you want mailed to you.
- For journal articles, also use the ILLiad interlibrary loan system. Most articles will be delivered electronically, and accessible via your ILLiad account as a PDF file that you can save to disk or print.
Trying to order your textbooks via interlibrary loan is generally not a good idea. It can be very difficult for us to borrow the specific edition that you need because few libraries add textbooks to their collections, and if they do, their copy is probably already checked out.
Even if we can get the edition you need, you won't be able to keep it the entire semester. Most loan periods are 6 weeks or less, and renewals are up to the lending library. You will be adding a lot of stress to your life if you order your textbooks via interlibrary loan.
Dissertations and theses can be very useful to your research, by providing a comprehensive view of a topic and by providing a rich list of references that can be sought for more information.
Search the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database for content from around the world.
For much more about finding and using dissertations, see our subject guide.
1. Log into your ILLiad account
2. Go to "Checked Out Items"
3. Click on your item's "Transaction Number"
4. Click on
- If the “Renew Request” button is not present, please contact the Interlibrary Loan staff.
- You will be given a one-week renewal while library staff contacts the lending library for a renewal. Watch your email for the outcome.