Alumni & Guest Services
The Libraries are open to the public. Visitors may use reference materials and services, most electronic databases, journals, videos/DVDs, and other resources on-site.
- Alumni are eligible for Alumni Cards, which are issued at the Circulation Desks in the Libraries.
- Alumni Cards allow borrowing of materials owned by St. Thomas Libraries only (CLIC materials are not loanable to alumni).
- Alumni Cards do not include Interlibrary Loan privileges.
- Alumni of the St. Thomas and St. Catherine's University Graduate School of Social Work will need to acquire separate Alumni Cards from both libraries' circulation departments in order to use their materials.St. Catherine's University Alumni Privileges.
- Retirees may visit the libraries and use our physical materials and much of our online content on-site.
- Neighbors of the University of St. Thomas may borrow books from the St. Thomas Libraries with a valid Friends of the Library card. A Neighbor is any person at least eighteen years of age who lives south of I-94, north of St. Clair Avenue, west of Snelling Avenue, and east of the Mississippi River. For more resources see the University of St. Thomas Neighborhood Relations site.
If you live within this area, you may apply for a Friends card at the Circulation Desk. Before issuing a card, we may ask that you provide us with proof of your address.
Electronic Resources and Database Access
- Users without a current St. Thomas username and password can use the unencrypted wireless network labeled "UST-Open." | The ITS Wireless Network page
- In the Library you may access most online journals and electronic resources from specially designated guest computers. Off-campus access to these resources for alumni is not available due to licensing restrictions.
- Alumni may get access to the ATLAS Religion Database and ATLA Catholic Periodical & Literature Index by contacting Betsy Polakowski.
- Alumni can also search the database ERIC and receive access to some full text articles.
- Alumni can receive lifelong access to your RefWorks account (more info). Ask a librarian for more assistance.
- Alumni and Guests may also access some online journals and databases through your Minnesota public library (see the list of local public libraries to the right) via eLibraryMN (ELM).
Managing Your Account in CLICsearch
- To sign in to your CLICsearch account, click "Sign In" and then choose UST Alumni and Guests.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address. This is the address you provided when you signed up for your alumni or guest account.
- You will receive an email with a link that will log you into your account. The sign in link will only be active for one hour, after which you will need to go through the process again if you want to login again.