Alumni & Guest Services
The Libraries are open to the public. Visitors may use reference materials and services, most electronic databases, journals, videos/DVDs, and other resources on-site.
- Alumni are eligible for Alumni Cards, which are issued at the Circulation Desks in the Libraries.
- Alumni of the UST and St. Catherine's University Graduate School of Social Work will need to acquire separate Alumni Cards from both libraries' circulation departments in order to use their materials. St. Catherine's University Alumni Privileges.
- Retirees may visit the libraries and use our our physical materials and much of our online content on-site.
- Neighbors of the University of St. Thomas may borrow books from the UST Libraries with a valid Friends of the Library card. A Neighbor is any person at least eighteen years of age who lives south of University Ave, north of St. Clair Avenue, west of Snelling Avenue, and east of the Mississippi River. For more resources see the University of St. Thomas Neighborhood Relations site.
If you live within this area, you may apply for a Friends card at the Circulation Desk. Before issuing a card, we may ask that you provide us with proof of your address.
Book and Music Score Loan Period: 4 Weeks | Maximum Items: 6
Media (DVD and VHS) and Audio Recordings: In House Use Only
Alumni and Guest Services
Access to Ireland Library books only. Book Loan Period: 6 Weeks | Maximum Items: Varies
Access to Law Library books only. Book Loan Period: 4 Weeks | Maximum Items: 3
Electronic Resources and Database Access
- Users without a current UST username and password can use the unencrypted wireless network labeled "UST-Open." | The ITS Wireless Network page
- In the Library you may access most online subscription journals and databases. Off-campus access to databases for alumni is not available due to licensing restrictions.
- Alumni may get access to the ATLAS Religion Database and ATLA Catholic Periodical & Literature Index by contacting Curt LeMay.
- Alumni can also search the database ERIC and receive access to some full text articles.
- Alumni can receive lifelong access to your RefWorks account (more info). Access the RefWorks group code, or ask a librarian for more assistance.
- Alumni and Guests may also access some online journals and databases through your Minnesota public library (see the list of local public libraries to the right) via the Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM).