Strategic Social Media Marketing
Leverage the Power of Social Media Marketing to Gain New and Loyal Customers for Your Organization
Successful social media marketing goes beyond maintaining an active social presence and requires channel specific content, engagement and promotion strategies.
This certificate program helps marketers gain an advanced understanding for effective social media campaign management and lead generation tactics.
Regardless of the size or type of your organization, the skills and strategies shared in this course will reward participants with numerous results driving and time saving opportunities with social media marketing.
Become a well-rounded social media marketer!
The Strategic Social Media Marketing program consists of six modules:
- Acquisition and Retention Marketing Strategies
Make your social media a true marketing platform by learning proven strategies to build a following, drive engagement, offer relevant promotions and reward existing customers. This session will look at easy-to-adopt examples from large and small business across non-profit and retail industries.
- Branding and Content Development Strategies
Every brand has unique stories and so do their customers. Social media offers the perfect way to amplify those stories to targeted audiences. Gain insights into building an active brand voice and storytelling on social media, as well as activities around the creative and planning process for content delivery. Learn how to use cost-effective content development tools to bring it all to life!
- Social Advertising and Campaign Management
Today, social media holds a ‘pay to play’ dynamic for brands aiming to attract consumer audiences. Yet, that doesn’t mean it requires significant investments to do so successfully. This session will look at social advertising platforms and campaign strategies to help participants master lead generation on social media while maintaining their budget.
- Analytics, Insights and Intelligence
Decisions made without data are merely guesses. Marketers that pay attention to social media analytics data are driving greater results than their competition. Learn where to access social analytics and interpret the data to gain important campaign insights and consumer engagement intelligence that can benefit all facets of the organization.
- Channel Management and Monitoring Tools
Social media channels continue to evolve and new platforms are arriving seemingly every month. This session will present the strategic process for determining the right channels for your brand and developing specific content to reach unique audiences. Learn about social media monitoring tools to ensure channel strategies are aligned with key audience interests.
- Community Management and Social Enterprises
Social media is a two-way street where active listening and timely responses are critical to on-going success. Build your social media community management prowess with a look into everyday tactics and tools to maintain an engaged audience. Also, explore opportunities to engage organizational employees as ambassadors to the brand social media cause to create customer delight.
Let social media work for you
Social Media marketing can be used across all industries and many job functions. An understanding of the tools available and how to use them are essential in having effective social media marketing.
Participant titles and job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Account Manager
- Marketing Coordinator
- Brand Marketer
- Sales Professional
- Real Estate Agents
- Marketing Specialist
- Small Business Owners
- Marketing Manager
- Program Coordinator/Manager
- Creative Director
- Project Manager
- Promotions Analyst
- Media Producer
- Communications Specialist
- Communications Manager
- Customer Relations Manager
Learn from our top-notch faculty with industry experience
Todd is proud graduate of the St. Thomas Evening M.B.A program ('12) and currently works as the Director of Digital Marketing for Widex USA. Prior experiences include roles as the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager at TCF Bank, Digital Marketing Manager for Starkey Hearing Technologies and a B.A. in Marketing Management from Gustavus Adolphus College ('03). He is highly passionate about the limitless opportunities brands have today to with mobile and social media marketing to engage individuals and inspire communities.
Adam Dince is the Director of Digital Marketing at Arrowhead Holdings. At Arrowhead, Adam leads demand generation and digital marketing strategy for a variety of e-commerce properties.
Prior to Arrowhead, Adam was Director of Earned Media at Deluxe. Before Deluxe, Adam was VP, Director of Search and Content Strategy at MRM-NYC, the full-service digital agency leg of McCann WorldGroup. In this role, he helped built regional centers of excellence, managed global search teams and strategies across some of the world’s most recognized brands.
Outside of Arrowhead, Adam helps businesses of all sizes develop and implement holistic digital strategies. He also teaches digital marketing at the University of St. Thomas, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and sits on the Digital Marketing Technology Advisory Board at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.
Adam has over fifteen years of internet marketing experience spanning across SEO, PPC, email marketing, content strategy, Web development, social media marketing and optimization, web analytics, and holistic digital marketing strategy.
Adam received his BS in Business Information Systems from San Diego State University and his MBA in Integrated Marketing Communication from St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota. Additionally, Adam co-wrote the organic search section of the book “Digital Impact: The Two Secrets to Online Marketing Success”, by Geoff Ramsey, CEO of eMarketer. And Adam’s book, “Hopeful to Hired” was published and released November, 016.
Adam is a sought after speaker and avid blogger about all things digital marketing. He keeps his own blog, www.adamdince.com, as well as guest blogs other highly reputable digital publications.
Invest in your career - Gain a strong ROI
Why Choose Strategic Social Media Marketing?
- Start with strategy. A successful social media campaign needs thought and planning before it is executed. Learn how to get started and be effective with your efforts.
- Use storytelling to your advantage. Build a voice for your brand and make it personal for your customers.
- Explore social media advertising. Discover the various tools available and be able to make informed decisions about which are best for your company to use.
- Make data your friend. Be able to understand the analytics behind your pages and apply that knowledge to improve your social media presence.
Additional Program Details:
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials and refreshments.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are non-credit educational experiences; one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study and will be noted on your completion certificate.
- Program sessions are held on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites for this program.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Network with other professionals working in business
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.