Fundraising Certificate Series
Learn to efficiently raise funds and work toward CFRE certification
Even the most motivated and passionate nonprofit professionals come up against the challenge of limited resources, making fundraising and development essential to the growth and sustainability of all nonprofit organizations.
The Fundraising Certificate Series stands out as a resource to professionals for a variety of reasons:
- We boast the most comprehensive fundraising certificate program in Minnesota, with experts who bridge the theory and practice of fundraising and development to give participants the tools to succeed. Two instructors are among only 91 people in the world with an Advanced Certified Fundraising Executive (ACFRE) designation.
- The series consists of 13 individual programs, each covering a specific facet of the fundraising field. You may choose any nine of the 13 programs to earn your Fundraising Certificate, allowing you to customize the program in order to extract the most relevant and valuable content in order to meet your professional goals.
- The Fundraising Certificate Series is CFRE® (Certified Fund Raising Executive) certified. By completing all 13 programs in the series, you will earn the 80 points needed to fulfill the education requirement to receive your CFRE certification, which will set you apart as a motivated fundraising expert.
Download the Fall 2018 Schedule to view the upcoming sessions.
Our fundraising programs benefit professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. Whether you have years of experience managing your organization’s efforts or have never seen a fundraising development plan, we can shape a Fundraising Certificate Series to meet your needs. Participants who found value in our programs include:
- Experienced fundraisers seeking to improve their fundraising leadership skills
- Young professionals exploring career options or transitioning to the nonprofit or fundraising sector
- Nonprofit leaders seeking to implement a successful fundraising development plan
- Individuals interested in pursuing CFRE Certification
- Those hoping to network with other nonprofit and fundraising professionals
In addition to advancing your knowledge and bolstering your fundraising leadership skills, our programs offer a few added bonuses:
- By completing all 13 programs in the series, you can fulfill the education requirement for CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) Certification. The CFRE credential is a global, practice-based certification administered through CFRE International. The University of St. Thomas is a CFRE-approved educational provider.
- You will enhance your resume with relevant education and applicable skills that you can apply to a job or internship in your desired field. Many local nonprofit organizations reach out to us for help in identifying strong job or internship candidates. While opportunities are ad hoc throughout the semester, we typically receive two to five of these requests annually.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Network with other professionals working in business
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.