Alumni and Guest Services
The Libraries are open to the public. Visitors may use reference materials and services, most electronic databases, journals, videos/DVDs, and other resources on-site.
- Alumni are eligible for Alumni Cards, which are issued at the Circulation Desks in the Libraries.
- Alumni of the UST and St. Catherine's University Graduate School of Social Work will need to acquire separate Alumni Cards from both libraries' circulation departments in order to use their materials. St. Catherine's University Alumni Privileges.
- Retirees are able to retain some library privileges upon completion of the Retiree Privileges Request Form.
- Neighbors of the University of St. Thomas may borrow books from the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library with a valid Friends of the Library card. A Neighbor is any person at least eighteen years of age who lives south of Marshall Avenue, north of St. Clair Avenue, west of Prior Avenue, and east of the Mississippi River.
If you live within this area, you may apply for a Friends card at the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library Circulation Desk. Before issuing a card, we may ask that you provide us with proof of your address.
- The Archbishop Ireland Memorial Library has a separate Friends of the Library service. Note that Friends of the Library cards are valid only at the library where issued. For more information call: (651) 962-5450.
Alumni, Retirees, ESL Students, Friends of OSF Library, Senior Citizen Students
Access to Ireland Library books only. Book Loan Period: 6 Weeks | Maximum Items: Varies
Friends of Ireland Library
Access to Ireland Library books only. Book Loan Period: 6 Weeks | Maximum Items: 6
Friends of Law Library
Access to Law Library books only. Book Loan Period: 6 Weeks | Maximum Items: 3
Electronic Resources and Database Access
- Access more than 275 online subscription journals and databases on-site. Off-campus access to databases for alumni is not available due to licensing restrictions.
- You may also access online journals and databases from your local public library via the Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM).
- Receive Lifelong access to your RefWorks account (more info). Access the RefWorks group code, or ask a librarian for more assistance.