Alumni and Guest Services
The Libraries are open to the public. Visitors may use reference materials and services, most electronic databases, journals, videos/DVDs, and other resources on-site.
- Alumni are eligible for Alumni Cards, which are issued at the Circulation Desks in the Libraries.
- Alumni of the UST and St. Catherine's University Graduate School of Social Work will need to acquire separate Alumni Cards from both libraries' circulation departments in order to use their materials. St. Catherine's University Alumni Privileges.
- Retirees are able to retain some library privileges upon completion of the Retiree Privileges Request Form.
- Neighbors of the University of St. Thomas may borrow books from the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library with a valid Friends of the Library card. A Neighbor is any person at least eighteen years of age who lives south of Highway 94, north of Jefferson Avenue, west of Fairview Avenue, and east of the Mississippi River. For more resources see the University of St. Thomas Neighborhood Relations site.
If you live within this area, you may apply for a Friends card at the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library Circulation Desk. Before issuing a card, we may ask that you provide us with proof of your address.
- The Archbishop Ireland Memorial Library has a separate Friends of the Library service. Note that Friends of the Library cards are valid only at the library where issued. For more information call: (651) 962-5450.
Alumni, Retirees, ESL Students, Friends of OSF Library, Senior Citizen Students
Access to Ireland Library books only. Book Loan Period: 6 Weeks | Maximum Items: Varies
Friends of Ireland Library
Access to Ireland Library books only. Book Loan Period: 4 Weeks | Maximum Items: 6
Friends of Law Library
Access to Law Library books only. Book Loan Period: 4 Weeks | Maximum Items: 3
Electronic Resources and Database Access
- In the Library you may access most online subscription journals and databases. Off-campus access to databases for alumni is not available due to licensing restrictions.
- Alumni may get access to the ATLAS Religion Database and ATLA Catholic Periodical & Literature Index by contacting Curt LeMay.
- Alumni can also search the database ERIC and receive access to some full text articles.
- Alumni can receive lifelong access to your RefWorks account (more info). Access the RefWorks group code, or ask a librarian for more assistance.
- Alumni and Guests may also access some online journals and databases through your Minnesota public library via the Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM).
- Faculty & Staff
- Off-Campus Access
- Alumni & Guests
- Interlibrary Loan
- Study Rooms
- Computers & Technology
- Course Reserves
- Bike Share
Charles J. Keffer Library
Archbishop Ireland Memorial Library
Schoenecker Law Library