UST Username and Password Management
Never supply your password to strangers! Phishing e-mails use tactics that "bait" the recipient into giving up private information in a response to a message or by leading the recipient to a fraudulent Web site. Phishers sending these messages may use personal information from the compromised account to steal your identity. Supplying personal information also results in harvesting community email addresses which results in the further influx of spam to the UST community.
Claim your UST Account
New to the University? Are you an alumnus/alumna? Claiming your University of St. Thomas account can be accomplished by visiting the Account Claim Webpage. You will be required to provide your UST ID number as well as personal information or a code provided to you by your department in order to claim your account. Once your account is claimed, you will have the ability to register for the Self-Service Password Reset process.
Self-Service Password Reset Registration
Already have a University account and need to manage your password in the event that you forget it? The self-service password reset registration page will allow you to establish challenge questions that are secure and unique to you. With these challenge questions, you will have the ability to manage your UST password online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You must complete this process in order to use the self-service password reset option, click here to register your challenge questions.
For security purposes, your password associated with your UST account will expire. Student/Alumni account passwords will expire every 365 days while Faculty/Staff account passwords will expire every 90 days. Passwords can be reset in a variety of ways both on and off campus as listed below.
- Visit http://www.stthomas.edu/password
- Logging in with your current or expired password will allow you to change your password
- Answer Challenge Questions
- By registering for your challenge questions, you will then be able to reset your password
- Outlook Web App (OWA)
- You are able to reset your password by logging in with your expired password into the Outlook Web App
- Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del
- From any on campus UST managed PC computer, you are able to select "Change a Password" by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keybpoard.
- Walk-up Help Desks
- UST has walk-up help desks located on both the Minneapolis and Saint Paul Campuses. Please bring your photo ID with you and we will be able to reset your password.
- For hours and specific locations of Scholars(Minneapolis) and Tech Desk Too(St. Paul) click here.
- If none of the above is successful for you, please contact the Tech Desk by phone at 651-962-6230.
All UST student, faculty and staff email accounts have an option of including a vanity email account. The vanity email account is a user-friendly email address. New users to the University will configure this email address from a pre-populated list of options during the initial claiming of their account. If you are already have a UST account and are interested in a vanity email, please contact the IRT Tech Desk. Please keep in mind that vanity emails are only allowed to be created once and will be based on your legal name, for example John.Smith@stthomas.edu.